Ships Log - WG10 SUX

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
What can I say I'm a serial offender - seriously though I was missing the six cylinder soundtrack ;)
Absolutely mate, you can't beat the soundtrack of a straight 6 :thumbsup:

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Great locations for photos too, back of Mam Tor:thumbsup:

Zont

Dedicated Member
Looks great. Perfect hiking weather too! Which Z has been your fav to drive?

RickyBobby

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
23i
Looks great. Perfect hiking weather too! Which Z has been your fav to drive?
Appreciate it's all down to personal taste, driving experience and how you use the car but I'd summarise as follows:
E86 (Z4MC) - absolute animal made me drive like a mad man and always on the borderline of my capability. In short an accident waiting to happen.

Z3 (1.9, 2.2 & 2.8) - loved the driving experience, loved the look but the Mrs hated it and they were needy children as you'd expect at that age. Also found it a pain to get out every time I wanted the roof up or down. Still have the 2.2 sport.

E85 (2.2, 2.5, 3.0i & 3.0si) - great looks but often the driving experience was compromised by issues with the steering, tyres, suspension or all 3. Nothing that was unresolveable but always seemed to be something. However, once they were sorted they were great but it was still a rag top and for me in the UK that dictates the need for a garage or a convoluted cover on / off process when stored.

E89 - for me baby bears porridge. The perfect all year round convertible and a coupe when you want it. The driving experience is great the cabin is great and there are enough engine options to suit all need. Some say they are a bit over engineered and detract from the roadster experience which I can understand but at the end of the day we all enjoy a little pampering despite what we might tell ourselves ;)

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Z3 (1.9, 2.2 & 2.8) - loved the driving experience, loved the look but the Mrs hated it and they were needy children as you'd expect at that age. Also found it a pain to get out every time I wanted the roof up or down. Still have the 2.2 sport.

E85 (2.2, 2.5, 3.0i & 3.0si) - great looks but often the driving experience was compromised by issues with the steering, tyres, suspension or all 3. Nothing that was unresolveable but always seemed to be something. However, once they were sorted they were great but it was still a rag top and for me in the UK that dictates the need for a garage or a convoluted cover on / off process when stored.

E89 - for me baby bears porridge. The perfect all year round convertible and a coupe when you want it. The driving experience is great the cabin is great and there are enough engine options to suit all need. Some say they are a bit over engineered and detract from the roadster experience which I can understand but at the end of the day we all enjoy a little pampering despite what we might tell ourselves ;)
WoW I could have written that. Totally agree having had the same 3 models. :thumbsup:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Me too, just a natural progression through the various models. Only thing Ive not had is a 4 Cyl. model of any type.

Tony.

Zont

Dedicated Member
Appreciate it's all down to personal taste, driving experience and how you use the car but I'd summarise as follows:
E86 (Z4MC) - absolute animal made me drive like a mad man and always on the borderline of my capability. In short an accident waiting to happen.

Thanks for taking the time. Now I want to try a 6cl E85 and E89 =))

RickyBobby

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
23i
This is my 3rd E89 and the 3rd time I have removed the redundant phone cradle - this time I'm just going for the additional storage option so I just need to source the rubber mat to tidy it up.
20220424_174057.jpg
20220424_180107.jpg

AleNod

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 E89 20i sdrive roadster

RickyBobby

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
23i
Completed the phone cradle removal today following a trip to Sytners in Sheffield to pick up the rubber mat - was about to order one on eBay from Latvia or Lithunia for £25 until I checked Real OEM and placed a call to the parts department.

Not only did they have one in the UK available for next day collection - the total cost including VAT was only £12.90.

Suffice to say this job is right in my wheel house =))
20220427_110459.jpg
20220427_110557.jpg
20220427_110609.jpg

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Shame the cup holders aren’t priced similarly.

Tony.