Ships Log - T515 BJB

MarkLG1973

Model of Z
1999 Z3 2.8
A couple more jobs off the list.
Rear shocks replaced with OEM Sachs to match fronts. While I had the wheels off I noticed one of the anti-roll bar links was almost completely off the end of the ARB😳
Need to get the tracking checked, but other than that all sorted on the suspension.👍

A very brisk drive over Holme Moss, and happy to confirm the car’s handling is now vastly improved.👍

05A3C2EB-C068-4F5F-BA1D-44577292C0FF.jpeg

Last edited:

MarkLG1973

Model of Z
1999 Z3 2.8
While I was doing the front suspension last week I noticed a minor oil leak from the back of the cylinder head, which was dripping directly onto the exhaust😳😳
A quick Google suggested that the valve cover gasket was the likely cause. Another order from Eurocarparts…
The valve cover took some persuading to get off, and as expected the original gasket had degrading into a hard, brittle material - replaced with new, with a bit of red RTV sealant for good measure.
Since I had the coils out I thought I’d take a look at the spark plugs, and glad I did. God knows when they were last changed😳
Nothing left on the electrodes on all 6 plugs.

The engine’s now pulling noticeably more cleanly and crisply at the top end👍

2A64AD07-268C-423F-B866-7D32713B7D6B.jpeg

SYMZ3

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8i widebody
Not much to report, but I’ll keep RickyBobby’s original thread alive for future updates.
Only things done to date are a thorough wash and wax polish, replacing the tired boot lid gas struts, and replacing the air box to manifold connector.
Noticed it had split while checking the fluids.
A couple of things to investigate over the coming weeks - ABS/ASC lights have come on.
Also suspect driver’s side front shock - if it stops raining over the next week I’ll get the front wheels off and take a look. Given the age of the car it would probably benefit from a new set of bushes.

View attachment 201075
A nice spot to stop🙂 car is looking good👍