shed find widebody

elevensies

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
roadster widebody
yesterday i found a 98 widebody in a garden shed, i saw it from the roadside as i was passing, there were no doors on the shed, but it wasnt so obvious. The car was very tight in, i actually thought they had got out through the roof..
Anyhooo i good fashion i knocked on the door to be answered by a old guy, who was quite surprised by my question is that an old z3 mate?
He said yes, its been stood years.. so is it for sale? i asked as we started to walk down his long driveway,,,

yes, but its rare he said..... oh ok, as i looked at this flat tyred bird sh*** covered, rat sh*** loaded birds nest grubby car..
luckily battery was disconnected so quick connect, squeezed in, 1st turn of the key and yesss started up, so an amount was negotiated after he said he even had a hard top for it in another shed....
collected today, got it home and heres the pics of todays work....... it runs ok, drives ok, its been stood so brakes need freeing off on a drive, and the old fuel is making it splutter so, a service coming up, new wheels and tyres asap,
enjoy todays work

11s

Attachments

AntStark

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2002 3.0 Sport
the wheels will need a refurb, my mrs likes MV1s so i was quite happy to change them.... but i quite like the stock ones.
I would just avoid the temptation to go 18” ..doesn’t do the handling any favours. 16” are best suited to the zed but 17” staggered I think look the best.

elevensies

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
roadster widebody
I would just avoid the temptation to go 18” ..doesn’t do the handling any favours. 16” are best suited to the zed but 17” staggered I think look the best.
the ones on are 17, so just going with new rubber

RickyBobby

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
MSport 23i Highline
Turquoise Green and style 18 wheels - what's not to like.

Interior looks good as well and it even has the CD43 unit :thumbsup:

Last edited:

elevensies

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
roadster widebody
Turquoise Green and style 18 wheels - what's not to like.

Interior looks good as well and it even has the CD43 unite :thumbsup:
is that the radio? are they good?

iv got a 9'' android touchy thing in my other car so just thought this was a old crappy thing

Zephyr

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter

RickyBobby

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
MSport 23i Highline
is that the radio? are they good?

iv got a 9'' android touchy thing in my other car so just thought this was a old crappy thing
Yes the original CD players can often fetch north of £300 - everyone chasing the OEM look and there is an adapter you can buy to enable Bluetooth connection. It fits behind the stereo so you never see it so doesn't detract from the original look.

Isn't the technology in your modern car just one of the reasons you took the speculative walk up the drive to enquire about the Z3? ;)

Althulas

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M Roadster
Nice find, enjoy.

The stock sound is not that great to be honest. A upgrade in speakers improves the stock unit but you have to get rid of the stock amp attached to one of the footwell speakers if fitted. Going into the rabbit hole, sound deadening, custom sub, amp is the way to go if it’s your thing.

AntStark

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2002 3.0 Sport
I get having bluetooth/phone connectivity for safety etc but rapidly diminishing returns spending money on ICE in a convertible in my opinion. (Other opinions are available 😁)

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
Great find. Doesn't look too bad either for a car left in an open garage. Get underneath and check all the suspension rubbers

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Great find and she's come up pretty well with a wash. Get a bit of polish and wax on and she'll look superb:thumbsup:

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E 89 Z4 S drive 23i
Wow, that is a rare find being a 2.8 with that colour combination. I've never seen one like that, maybe worth checking the original build spec to see if the seats are original. Looks great. :thumbsup:

Jam03

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i
Interesting MOT history. Looks like it was a daily driver till about 2009, then hardly been used. It’s a common pattern of use. I think people become afraid of the cost of addressing age related maintenance and just end up neglecting the cars. Last owner seems to have hardly driven it. The usual corrosion advisories for brake likes etc, but good find.

elevensies

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
roadster widebody
Wow, that is a rare find being a 2.8 with that colour combination. I've never seen one like that, maybe worth checking the original build spec to see if the seats are original. Looks great. :thumbsup:
yes totally original, build sheet with car confirms this, iv even got 21 old mot tickets, and a load of receipts since 98

elevensies

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
roadster widebody
Interesting MOT history. Looks like it was a daily driver till about 2009, then hardly been used. It’s a common pattern of use. I think people become afraid of the cost of addressing age related maintenance and just end up neglecting the cars. Last owner seems to have hardly driven it. The usual corrosion advisories for brake likes etc, but good find.
where did you get the car info from, as im always very wary of car reg on display on internet