Scrabble on a tablet

Ragtop

Zorg Guru (III)
Model of Z
Please help with my indecision!

We want to be able to play Scrabble on a tablet during flights or on a cruise and, therefore, without internet access.

The choice is the Ipad3 or the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (quad core version).

I have Words for Friends on my Android Phone but it won't let me play against Mrs Ragtop (pass and play) without an internet connection.

I have searched the internet for an answer as to whether the ipad can let us play Scrabble with no internet connection and I think we can.

This could be a deal breaker for us as this is one of the things that we specifically want the tablet for.

Can anyone help me and let me know whether they are able to play Scrabble or a Scrabble type game on their tablet, either ipad or Android, without any internet connection?

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Ron,

Just had a quick look for you. The iTunes store has this https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/scrabble-for-ipad/id371808484?mt=8, and it has a feature called "Pass and Play" which appears to do what you want.

More information in this review http://appadvice.com/appnn/2010/04/review-scrabble-ipad, which allows up to four people to play and pass the iPad around.

On a seperate note, having just bought an iPad 3 I really can't fault it. Battery life is impressive, and it has that Apple feel of quality to it. The best news is that you don't need to use iTunes anymore, which is bloody frustrating to say the least.

Hope that helps, Gary

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
Yes you can play scrabble on an iPad without being connected to the Internet.

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
Bugger, Gary beat me by 30 secs. Too slow again...lol

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
We've recently bought the new iPad.. Great bit of kit.. Go for it ;)

Ragtop

Zorg Guru (III)
Model of Z
Thanks guys for your replies. It looks like the ipad is the tablet to go for.

Another question does the ipad come pre-loaded with scrabble and does it have adverts on it?

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
When you get the ipad and are able to be online you can add wordfeud to the list and play online. Gary has the edge on me at the moment but I'm hoping that's going to change soon!

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Not sure if you have already ordered it Ron, but Apple have done the usual and released an updated iPad 3 :(( Faster processor etc.

Isn't a big update on the old one (which was out for 7 months X( ), but worth thinking about if you are about the get one right now. Can pre-order them from the 26th of October.

B

badman gee

GazHyde said:
Not sure if you have already ordered it Ron, but Apple have done the usual and released an updated iPad 3 :(( Faster processor etc.

Isn't a big update on the old one (which was out for 7 months X( ), but worth thinking about if you are about the get one right now. Can pre-order them from the 26th of October.
2 releases a year normally.

:ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

Ragtop

Zorg Guru (III)
Model of Z
badman gee said:
GazHyde said:

2 releases a year normally.

:ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
It was delivered yesterday and is just what we wanted to replace an old netbook. We played Scrabble last night and it seems to work fine.

Thanks guys for all your input. :-BD