Scenic & Continental Car Tours

Zteve

Dedicated Member
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E89
Hi,

Anyone had any experience with these folks, they do advertise in the Straight Six.

http://www.sceniccartours.com

Quite fancy a big tour some day, organised, around Europe but for now was looking at a short break to Isle of Man as I have never visited before.

I know these can be organised by yourself, and likely cheaper, but could be more fun with like minded folks. I am no stranger to road trips, you have to be living in the Highlands, but these have been family camping holidays in France. Now this kids are no longer kids this is something I have on my "to-do" list. For now a taster break in the UK would appeal.

Steve

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
Steve,

There was a recent trip to Belgium organised by this company, there seems to be mixed reviews of the trip on the BMWCC forum.

Belgium delights

HTH

jonco

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
'98 1.9 Auto
Steve,

There was a recent trip to Belgium organised by this company, there seems to be mixed reviews of the trip on the BMWCC forum.

Belgium delights

HTH
Have just read your link Brian - as you say mixed reviews (3 pages of it) . Am still chuckling away - has brightened up a miserable morning.;);)

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Much better to organise one yourself, half the fun is gone if you get someone to do it for you. Take a look at recent threads on this forum there have been some really good ones this year. Remember anything is possible, just takes a bit of planning.

Mike

Mr-P

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Sold Z3M
Do it yourself then you can also choose who goes along with you.

The right company makes all the difference.

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Do it yourself then you can also choose who goes along with you.

The right company makes all the difference.
We totally agree, but could be a great way to get to meet new companions!

Mike & Sandy

miller1098

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M
Hi guys we went this year with zero planning and loved every minute .BUT it would of been horrible for someone else with us .\I think if u are going to go as a group the more planning you have the better ,and stick to it.When we go on bike trips half the fun is in the banter over dinner at night i tmakes the trip, talking over the days highs and lows and ive made some really good friends,Ive been doing them for the last 13 years and it all started with an organised event that we paid for.Decide what you want from a tour before booking, driving,shopping,scenery,beer,citys, mountains ,beach ,friendship ,weigh it up first and go for it!! P.S we have gone on trips with friends and it can put a diffrent perspective to the trip and your frienship, you are less likely meet new people, all things to consider.

Last edited:

Zteve

Dedicated Member
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E89
What is left to say after reading your suggested post Brian H...OMG...funny haha or funny sad I'm not sure...
Possibly ST have learned something as I have noticed information about parking charges on some of their offerings.
Food for thought as they say, don't think I will be put off but wouldn't do a city break in the car anyway, a motoring holiday should surely be somewhere you can drive?

Cheers all for you feedback...

Steve

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
The belgium delights thread is a cracker however on a slightly more serious note it highlights that the car tour did not in fact have any "tours" whilst at the destination. I would love to do a european trip but having not done one before an organised tour would appeal to me for a first timer.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
it highlights that the car tour did not in fact have any "tours" whilst at the destination
This seems a little odd to me. Sounds more like a package holiday, than a tour o_O

Zteve

Dedicated Member
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E89
Having looked through some of the offerings we are thinking seriously about the Jersey International Motoring Festival trip with the pre-event add on to Guernsey, combines a visit to somewhere we have never been, some historic car racing and mini tours round the islands. Gives us a taster of how well organised they are or not as the case may be before looking at a more serious European tour taking in the Stelvio Pass, something I have always wanted to do. Of course, from where we live, there will be plenty car touring just to get down to the ferry...

Cobranut

Zorg Addict
We drove from France through Spain to Portugal and back. Had a rough route and found places to stay on route checking internet and picking out in villages and towns etc.....we were on our own and it was brilliant......if you want company or to make friends then you can facilitate that I think.....enjoy....

IJSK

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2i
My wife and I would heartily recommend European Driving Tours run by Mark and Ali Andrews.

We have travelled with EDT on their guided tours:

2016 Supercars & Superpasses (Switzerland & Italy)
2017 Land of the Midnight Sun (Norway)
2017 Romantic Road (Germany)

We also have 4 more booked for this year and next.

Generally those travelling on the guided tours are in relatively modern cars, typically 50% Porsche, but they also do unguided tours and bespoke ones to suit all.

Groups are provided with 2-way radios as well as pre-programmed satnavs plus maps for those who like the old fashioned way along with points of interest.

The big advantage is their huge knowledge amassed over around 20 years. Really nice people too. We’ve had great adventures!

petecossie

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3 M Coupe
Wow, one hell of a thread resurrection .... o_O
You are right there Mike.

My choice is to do your own thing which is half the fun in the planning. My last European trip was through France back in 2008 driving my first M Coupe. Took in the last French F1 at Magny-Cours before travelling down to see the Millau Bridge. Great tour staying at small hotels and B & Bs.
The year before did a Scandinavian tour. Took the ferry from Harwich to Esbjerg in Denmark, drove through Denmark to Copenhagen driving over the "Bridge " into Sweden. Went up to Stockholm before crossing over into Norway taking in Oslo and driving through to Bergen. Timing was great as Baltic Classic Car Rally was in finishing in Bergen. They all got on the same ferry as we were sailing on back to Newcastle, Healeys, Lotus Cortinas, Volvos, Saabs, Jags etc all lined up on the quayside. I was in my element looking round them.

Since then we've done tours round Scotland, Ireland and Wales.

With the internet it should be so much easier these days to organise a tour yourself.