Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad News

Discussion in 'General Car Stuff or non-Zed Specific Stuff' started by zedonist, Jun 14, 2012.

1. zedonist

zedonist Guest

In January of this year we took into our care a rescue kitten, it had had lived a torturous life from its owners and had in effect been thrown to to the wolves. We took this poor little sole in and began to give it a life of love and pampering to which it responded to really well and became a very loving and adorable creature. To which extent it has won all the affections of the family (3 kids, gran & granddads etc).

It is very sad to report that tonight when driving my wife to work the Cat had gotten up under the under engine cover and fallen asleep, the result being an unfortunate accident ending in the loss of life of our loved kitten.

There is nothing we can do now for poor KitKat, but please can i ask that if you are owners of cats and you have modern cars with these aero under trays that you give a thought before driving off that your cat may be keeping warm.

We have not told the children yet and that wrenches my heart even further, now i will/they not have their morning buddy :(

2. GazHyde

GazHyde The Gaz Monkey
    Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator British Zeds

Model of Z:
    BMW Z4 3.0Si Sport
    :( That's really shocking, and not the sort of thing you want to have to deal with at all...

3. z3cade

z3cade Zorg Guru (III)
    East Anglian Crew

We have two cats, and can imagine how you must feel.. :(

That's awful news..

4. EnthuZiaZT

EnthuZiaZT Zorg Guru (V)
    British Zeds East Anglian Crew

Model of Z:
    Z4 28i Msport
    Being cat lovers, We can sympathise, last year we buried two elderly felines, Mother & Daughter (18 years old) at the bottom of the garden, where they loved to soak up the sunshine. But your little mite hadn't had much of a life before you took him under your wing, which makes your traumatic event even sadder! :(

5. HornelZ3M

HornelZ3M Zorg Addict
    Supporter East Anglian Crew

Model of Z:
    Z3M Roadster
    Know exactly how you feel, we had a lovely kitten and never known one so friendly,it chased a bee onto the quiet lane and a car hit it.

6. Jamezee

Jamezee Zorg Guru (I)
    British Zeds

Model of Z:
    2.2 sport
    Tragic.
    I have 3 cat's that were all strays we have taken in because some dummies couldn't be bothered to look after them.
    I know how you must feel.
    At least Kitkat had some good times with you and your family.
    Take care
    Dave

7. hard top

hard top Zorg Expert (I)
    Dutch Zeds The M44 Massive

Yes, tragic.
    I have had cats and dogs over the years and this is one of the last photos of my last two cats, half sisters, Turkish Angora, at the ripe old age of 15 years.
    The little one went first followed closely by the big one which just pined away, not possible said the vet, oh yes it is, I watched it happen.

Attached Files:

• 047.JPG
      047.JPG
      File size:
      2.9 MB
      Views:
  8. zedonist

zedonist Guest

Thanks for your kind words guys, it is appreciated.......

9. oldcarman

oldcarman Zorg Guru (V)
    Supporter Canadian Zeds The M44 Massive

Model of Z:
    1.9 M44
    Hi,, my condolences, having lived rurally since 77 I habitually bang on the front of the car to wake whatever is hosteling there up. Tough way to lose an animal and even tougher on the kids. JIM

10. badman gee

badman gee Guest

You need re-naming jim.

Old thread guy!

11. oldcarman

oldcarman Zorg Guru (V)
    Supporter Canadian Zeds The M44 Massive

Model of Z:
    1.9 M44
    Yeah, I'm catching up on the past years, what better way to get to really know what's been going on than reviewing the past. I'm sure you're all still hurting even after all this time. We humans don't realize how our lives are tied to those tiny creatures, if only we treated one another as we do our animals the world would be a much better place. Thanks for the reply and drop around anytime, JIM

• Like Like x 3