Roof

Sophie

Model of Z
Z3
Hey!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend :)

I'm in need of a new black Z3 Roof as mine is leaking and is starting to look a bit tatty :(

Does anyone know of anyone that has one for sale or could recommend where I could get one from? I understand that they aren't cheap, but cheaper the better would be great! :D.

Thanks in Advance ♡

Sophie

Model of Z
Z3
Hey!

Wow that's an amazing price! The ones I've been looking at have been £400-500 fitted! They look so so hard to fit other wise I would do it my self..

Thanks for that, Swansea isn't too far from here to be honest! How long did it take?

Thank you :)

Althulas

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M Roadster
Hi can you locate where the roof is leaking from? As there can be a few simple fixes https://zroadster.org/resources/a-pillar-leak-repair.39/ plus giving the roof a good clean and reproving with Revo products or similar could help for a while but there does come a time when you have to bite the bullet and replace the roof. Option A a second hand one and install your self or Option B go to Jack Trimmers in Swansea £300 fitted many members here happy orsoftop hoods i. Croydon £395 fitted.

Sophie

Model of Z
Z3
Hi can you locate where the roof is leaking from? As there can be a few simple fixes https://zroadster.org/resources/a-pillar-leak-repair.39/ plus giving the roof a good clean and reproving with Revo products or similar could help for a while but there does come a time when you have to bite the bullet and replace the roof. Option A a second hand one and install your self or Option B go to Jack Trimmers in Swansea £300 fitted many members here happy orsoftop hoods i. Croydon £395 fitted.
Hey,
Thank you for your response:)

Unfortunately The roof is unrepairable as when I bought the car it had duck tape on the back window where someone broke into it. I know I could probably get a new window for it but there are also scuff marks and holes all over it. The roof had never been changed since it's been on the road so I'm thinking that she deserves a new one!

Really good to know that seems to be an amazing price! So you know what type of roof it is? I hear mohair roofs are meant to be amazing.

Many thanks:)

ZTec

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
Hey!

Wow that's an amazing price! The ones I've been looking at have been £400-500 fitted! They look so so hard to fit other wise I would do it my self..

Thanks for that, Swansea isn't too far from here to be honest! How long did it take?

Thank you :)
They started at 09:00 and finished at 13:10, i watched them do it and wouldn’t dream of trying it myself, why would I, at £300 supplied and fitted it’s a no brainer. Call 01792 461022 ask for Raymond.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
He could do well out of you then!

ZTec

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
I had a really good second hand one fitted. Supplied and fitted with my help by @spurs fan in a coupe. View attachment 79677
Take my hat off to you sir, was it the frame as well? I watched them fit mine and it was stretched so tight that it was hard to put the roof up, Raymond said to leave it up and not lower it for a couple of days to give it a chance to stretch and settle, lowered it today and now its fine.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
I fitted one of these to my Z :D
DSC05920.JPG

Still can't believe I sold this car

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Take my hat off to you sir, was it the frame as well? I watched them fit mine and it was stretched so tight that it was hard to put the roof up, Raymond said to leave it up and not lower it for a couple of days to give it a chance to stretch and settle, lowered it today and now its fine.
We switched the whole lot inc frame. It wasn't difficult just very messy with the bonding.

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
The 2.8 will be mint mate and have more power!