Roof micro-switches

Layor

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 SDrive 23i M Sport 2.5Ltr. H.T Convertable
Hi all,
Does anyone know where I can get hold of the micro-switches for controling the up/down and locking of the roof, please?
I have had one replaced by the dealers, but instead of being sensible and doing what most sensible mechanics would do and replace both of the switches on the part of the system that was affected, they just replaced the one. So, now a few months later, the other has been diagnosed as faulty/corroded and needs to be changed. It was over £200 last time, very good if you have shares in BMW but not so good for my pocket!
I have been given a link to a video on Youtube showing where all the switches are, very helpful, but I cannot quite see what type of switches they are. Changing them will not be a problem.
Cheers, Colin.

spurs fan in a coupe

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
3rd Party Trader
I have z3 electric roof kits for sale.

I’ll post pics of what they include / what switches there are

Layor

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 SDrive 23i M Sport 2.5Ltr. H.T Convertable
=)) Thanks Althulas, my fault, I should have said what the model was!
I'll take a look at the thread in a bit and send Andy a PM. I did see some switches with extra long contact strips on Amazon. should be able to bend them to whatever shape I need.
5 for £6, nothing to lose in getting them anyway.
Cheers, all.

Mad2718

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3
I got a micro switch kit for my z3 from zedonist.com came with cable and connectors etc ready to fit no messing about adapting it cost £27