Roll bars for '96 Z3

Ron and a 1996 BMW Z3

American Zeds
Model of Z
Roadster Convertible
I just received the roll bars and the mounts for free off Craigslist!! I have watched a couple of videos and it appears I will need some modifications of the console area. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any recommendations?

refractor999

Hello Ron… I see that this thread is a few months old; nevertheless, if you are still looking for some pointers — I did the conversion on my 97’ 2.8. And yes, it does require a significant amount of alterations. Let me know if you’re still interested in knowing more.

Ron and a 1996 BMW Z3

American Zeds
Model of Z
Roadster Convertible
Hello Ron… I see that this thread is a few months old; nevertheless, if you are still looking for some pointers — I did the conversion on my 97’ 2.8. And yes, it does require a significant amount of alterations. Let me know if you’re still interested in knowing more.
Thanks, I don't know when I will be able to afford to make the necessary alterations but I will continue to see what I can find on what it would take.

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
When I converted my car, I bought the complete kit which consisted of the roll bars, the mounts, the centre box which is slightly shorter than the original one and the two side trim pieces. I'm not entirely sure that the two side trims are any different to the originals but they were included in the kit that I bought, so you might only need to find the shorter centre box.

spurs fan in a coupe

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
3rd Party Trader
This might help a bit