Event River Severn Bore Viewing Saturday 19th September 2020

colb

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 M43 1.8 (1999) and Z4 E85 2.5 (2003)
Since @t-tony mentioned the Severn Bore in a recent event write up post for our Lydney meet up I had a look at this years timetable. Saturday 19th September forcast for 10:09hrs at Minsterworth Church seems to be a viable option. Minsterworth is an ideal viewing point but parking in the village can be a problem so early arrival is required, in fact the Bore time can vary from that published by 20mins early or 30mins late depending on the weather at the time. Planning on taking Mrs colb as she has never seen it then maybe have a run up to Toddington and visit the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Steam Railway and their Flag and Whistle Cafe which is scheduled to resume operations by the 19th September.
Directions for Minsterworth Church
School Ln, Minsterworth, Gloucester GL2 8JL (Latest you want to arrive by is 09:00 to find parking and get to the Church riverbank.)
Directions for Toddington Steam Railway Station
Toddington Railway Station, New Town, Toddington GL54 5DT
No doubt Social Distancing will still be in force at all locations.
Shout up if your interested in tagging along.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
18th 19th Sept which are 3* bores, worth the visit. But get to the Severn Bore pub in Minsterworth well early or you wont get a look in and there are not other places to get close to the river with walking over someone's prize delias and ending up in a fight :whistle:=))

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
@colb Here's the picture I have of the Aegir rolling up the river Trent. This was taken at Morton near Gainsborough. I have seen it at Torksey but by the time it gets here it's almost done as the tidal Trent ends at Collingham Weir probably 10 miles up river from here.
20200811_161624.jpg

Tony.

colb

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Good picture Tony, hoping the Severn will produce a good one on the 19th September, have been to see it once before many years ago, quite spectacular on that occassion, quite a few surfers riding it that time. It all depends on the phases of the moon producing the strength of the bore as the tide gets funneled up river, some of the highest tide in the world happen in the severn estuary.

colb

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Just had my oncall week changed so I can't go on the 19th September, will have a look at the Bore timetable to do another date.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Severn Bore

1598265427550.png

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
18th 19th Sept which are 3* bores, worth the visit. But get to the Severn Bore pub in Minsterworth well early or you wont get a look in and there are not other places to get close to the river with walking over someone's prize delias and ending up in a fight :whistle:=))
What time is the one on the 18th? We're down that way for a few days but the 18th is the last day.

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport