Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REV POSTED THIS IDEA... PROTOTYPE#1

Discussion in 'General Banter' started by FRANKIE, Apr 6, 2014.

1. FRANKIE

FRANKIE Zorg Guru (V)
    American Zeds The M44 Massive

Model of Z:
    Z3
    I did this only as a test to see if I could make this. I've been working on this idea from Rev for about 3 months. Rev said we could use some kind of badge at car shows, meets, etc. so as to recognize each other (those we don't already know) where there is a large gathering of people most of whom may not be forum members. This is not the badge I would make for this purpose. This was only something to use as a test for my first badge. "Zroadster.org" would be by itself in large letters. Badges like the one you see here could be extra types for individual members who would like one with their forum name and their car's picture on it, or whatever you like. Gary sent me a picture he likes that I will use as another example of a personal badge. Separate badges with the terms "Moderator, Administrator, etc. could also be made so new forum members could identify them in a large group of us (and we are growing) in the event they wanted to seek them out to ask questions or seek help. This first badge isn't centered properly as it could be, but its only my first try. Don't forget to thank Rev for the idea. PROTO BADGE.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Rev

Rev Zorg Guru (IV)
    Supporter

This stems back to a meeting at the NEC where several of us arranged to be on a stand trying to spot each other. It was just one of my flippant remarks after the event.

In reality though it turned out to be easy. Badman really stood out in his pink suit, pink shoes and pink Bowler. But have to agree a badge would make it a little less awkward. Sidling up to a man dressed like that can ruin your reputation, especially if it isn't the right fella!!!

upload_2014-4-6_11-6-19.png

#2 Rev, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  3. badman gee

badman gee Guest

What about my pcbs?

4. Rev

Rev Zorg Guru (IV)
    Supporter

I thought you didn't want to mention that!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. GazHyde

GazHyde The Gaz Monkey
    Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator British Zeds

Model of Z:
    BMW Z4 3.0Si Sport
    Those look nice Frankie :woot:

We did these for the original Zed Fest. Took ages to make them from a template file, trimming and finally laminating them. They were a bit like delegate badges you got at seminars.

They have you real name, and your forum name too. This was handy for partners who you wouldn't know from the forum, but could at least spot the forum name as well!

badges01.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. hard top

hard top Zorg Expert (I)
    Dutch Zeds The M44 Massive

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1