Rear stabaliser link

Ianmc

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 (M44)
Have had an annoying "rattle" from the rear of the Z3 for a few days now. To cut a long story short, the link had popped out from its lower peg; seemingly the linkage is not bolted on the lower fixing point. Is this information correct please? Did catch a speed hump last week, so guessing this is what caused it. Likely best to have the links replaced, as I assume the rubber bush may have perished/hardened. New one on me, but had thought the source of the rattle may be more expensive to fix. :)

elky

Zorg Addict
Supporter
Model of Z
2001 Z3 3.0i Roadster
Have had an annoying "rattle" from the rear of the Z3 for a few days now. To cut a long story short, the link had popped out from its lower peg; seemingly the linkage is not bolted on the lower fixing point. Is this information correct please? Did catch a speed hump last week, so guessing this is what caused it. Likely best to have the links replaced, as I assume the rubber bush may have perished/hardened. New one on me, but had thought the source of the rattle may be more expensive to fix. :)
Yes the rear links just "slide" into place, we just refreshed my cousins E46 rear stabilizer, so I assume a large pot-hole or speed hump at the right angle could cause them to pop-out....

EDIT: I just realized the date :whistle::woot:

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
Just out of curiosity how easy did it go back on as especially when new can be really tight fit.
Stephen.

Ianmc

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 (M44)
My local tyre fitter put the car on the ramps, diagnosed the problem and fixed it in 5/10 minutes, so guess went on reasonably easily. Issue hasn't reoccurred in the last 18 months. :)