Rear leak Z4M

hi guys

Bought Z4m a couple months ago and have been loving it. I came home tonight and noticed oil marks outside house which is worrying (pics attached) and looked under the car to see oil but can’t tell where from.
Any of you know where this could be coming from?
James

Attachments

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 M Roadster
Welcome, my Z4M had a weeping leak on the input seal of the differential which is relatively common. That’s assuming it’s not oil from the engine/gearbox finding its way to the back when being driven. Incidentally mine had leaks at both ends, the engine being the timing chain tensioner, which again is a common S54 issue.

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
Welcome, my Z4M had a weeping leak on the input seal of the differential which is relatively common. That’s assuming it’s not oil from the engine/gearbox finding its way to the back when being driven. Incidentally mine had leaks at both ends, the engine being the timing chain tensioner, which again is a common S54 issue.
Thanks for the reply, unsure whether it's coming from the engine but i still have warranty under the dealer i bought it from so will get this looked at. Better safe than sorry!

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Hi and :welcome: from me too in Stafford.

I've now had this looked at and it was due to the diff seal being loose so have had this replaced now, hopefully no more issues 🤞

Thanks for the help!

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 M Roadster
I've now had this looked at and it was due to the diff seal being loose so have had this replaced now, hopefully no more issues 🤞

Thanks for the help!
That’s great news!