rattle behind passenger seat

lucky jim

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
z3
been putting up with a rattle for some time now sounds like something loose in the boot going over speed humps & uneven road surface been looking in boot & under car spent some time looking but unable to find ...yesterday whilst leaning on passenger door it made a noise like dry rubber i though at first door seals ..all ok it was in fact the door lock the black part attached to the car that goes into the lock itself the bar that holds door shut shows sign of wear i rotated this the noise i have been looking for for months is cured. if it happened to mine it must happen to others .

Brian4

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3 3.0i Auto
Yet another one to add to the list of rear rattle cures to go with spare wheel carrier, loose handbrake shoes, loose handbrake cables and other loose body parts

lucky jim

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
z3
hi the reason i described this noise & fix is on the face of it it has nothing to do with the noise but this was the cause also did not know door lock striker rotated.

360Guy

been putting up with a rattle for some time now sounds like something loose in the boot going over speed humps & uneven road surface been looking in boot & under car spent some time looking but unable to find ...yesterday whilst leaning on passenger door it made a noise like dry rubber i though at first door seals ..all ok it was in fact the door lock the black part attached to the car that goes into the lock itself the bar that holds door shut shows sign of wear i rotated this the noise i have been looking for for months is cured. if it happened to mine it must happen to others .
Thank you very much! That rattle has been driving me crazy.