Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R37 summer detail

Discussion in 'The Z Gallery' started by r37, Jul 1, 2012.

1. r37

r37 Dedicated Member

Spend the last few weeks doing a few mechanical bits including: wheel refurb + new tyres, gear+diff oil change, new fuel filterand finally new rear coil springs. After all the dirty work it was time for a clean.

I wont bore you all with the details but it amounts to around 30 hrs in total including a full machine application of filler polish that really made the paint sparkle and then 2 coats of zymol vintage :x

Now time for some pictures (im no david bailey so be warned).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

just a few i caught in a break in the rain on saturday. Will be updating with more pictures as the come along. Engine bay needs sprucing up and theres a pubs worth of ash on the interior plus i need to get all of the sahara out of the roof. Stay tuned.

2. r37

r37 Dedicated Member

~reserved~

3. z3cade

z3cade Zorg Guru (III)
    East Anglian Crew

Looking good B-)

But where's your carbon grills gone?

4. r37

r37 Dedicated Member

i only ever did 1 because i ran out of the carbon wrap. I found it wasnt quite stretchy enough to get right into the 'gill' bits anyway so it didnt look perfect. Been looking into having them carbon dipped or shadow chroming the spare set i have. Not sure what would look best as shadow chrome out of a tin seems a bit too good to be true.

5. GazHyde

GazHyde The Gaz Monkey
    Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator British Zeds

Model of Z:
    BMW Z4 3.0Si Sport
    That shine looks very impressive!

i'm thinking that we should have a "showroom shine" theme one month for the piccy competition! Will give everyone a chance to show off their hard work...