GazHyde

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 M Roadster
Considering I don't have a hose or pressure washer (not that you can use them anyway at the moment) whats my best options for a prewash.

For the last couple of months I have been using a tip I picked up, which is to spray the car with a solution of car shampoo with a hand pumped pressure sprayer. This works really well and seems to help loosen the dirt (particularly the bird crap) before I go over with the wash mitt.

Are there any specific prewash products that would be more effective used this way?

GazHyde

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 M Roadster
Thanks SA. The first one is a little to extreme, but I may be able to borrow an elephant from Cotswold Wildlife Park.

Once again you have come up trumps! :(|)

B

badman gee

Apprentice, the first one was rubbish, the second one ok.

Your standards are slipping.

i might need to step in and replace you :ymdevil:

Jonttt

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
///M S54
without something to remove the worst of the dirt/grit without friction (ie hose / pressure washer) whatever you use will risk scratches.

Jonttt

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
///M S54
You could throw buckets of water over it to pre wash but its been proven this uses massively more water than a hose pipe :-?

B

badman gee

Jonttt said:
You could throw buckets of water over it to pre wash but its been proven this uses massively more water than a hose pipe :-?
but buckets arnt banned :-o

GazHyde

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 M Roadster
Jonttt said:
I use a 5litre watering can to rinse the car off, so I know I use 25litres to rinse the car. It's ridiculously wasteful as a pressure washer probably wouldn't use a tenth of that!

S

Sorcerors Apprentice

Stick it under the shower, it has been scientifically proved that that uses much less water than putting it in the bath.