Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Popped the zip open on rear window

Discussion in 'General Banter' started by pete59, Mar 25, 2012.

1. pete59

pete59 Zorg Addict
    East Anglian Crew

Model of Z:
    Put my roof down with a towel to protect the new window had fitted in feb,and its bloody opened the zip on one side,so now got to sort that before easter cruise,so a 75 mile round trip to loughboro,unless some genius can give me a easy way to diy it,any help greatly recived.Its opened up 3 inch on the left hand side down section.

2. Aceman

Aceman Moderator
    British Zeds 3rd Party Trader

Model of Z:
    ///M Roadster
    Have you had it replaced recently Pete. ?

When I replaced mine last year I suffered a couple of occurances of this and in the end I decided once I got it all zipped up again I would sew up the zip in the corners where the zip tends to be under most tension or at least most prone to coming apart. I used thick cotton and it can easily be removed in the future should you need to.

I am afraid there is no easy way to rectify this other than taking the window back out and starting again as it needs to be re-zipped back in from the beginning although gets easier when you have done it a few times. ;)

3. Boysie

Boysie Zorg Guru (I)
    Supporter British Zeds M Power

Model of Z:
    M Roadster S50
    On the Oem one there is a clip the holds the two ends together
    can you improvise with a piece of wire

4. pete59

pete59 Zorg Addict
    East Anglian Crew

Model of Z:
    Spoke to the chap who did the new one and hes going to re zip it in on sat ,its got to be done i will do that,he says it can happen so did,nt mention the towel,thanks for advice chaps.pete