Poor throttle response

Ken Nugent

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
3 2.2
Ken Nugent submitted a new resource:

Poor throttle response - Intermittent throttle response

Hi you experts

Starts first time no problem, when driving it steady in 4th or 5th gear, just over 2000 rpm suddenly the exhaust note disappears and the engine revs drop very slightly, press throttle hard and away it goes and its ok. driving it at a steady speed in traffic it comes back again but you can accelerate through it. If you floor it through 1sr, 2nd, 3rd & 4th it does'nt seem to miss a beat. There are no lights on the dash board, its done 60,000 miles. To me it feels as though...
Read more about this resource...

Ian&Sue

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 Z3

Ken Nugent

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
3 2.2
Hi

Many thanks for the info, we think we have got it sorted, it was an exhaust camshaft sensor but after saying this it was intermittent so we will have to wait and see. Linda is off this week so we will test it tomorrow. fingers crossed

Ken

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
M Coupe 3.2 S50
I had a similar issue on my Z - which was down to lambda sensor failing.

Ken Nugent

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
3 2.2
Hi

Thanks for your suggestion however yesterday it pulled up a couple of fault codes one of which was exhaust camshaft position sensor. We have changed this, taken it out for a good run today hasnt missed a beat touch wood

Manyt thanks Ken

colb

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 M43 1.8 (1999) and Z4 E85 2.5 (2003)
Always first port of call is to scan for codes as you found out, often points you in the right direction for a fix.