Password

captain

South African Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Roadster 2.8i
Hi, I seem to be having a problem changing my password, this morning when I tried to log on it would not accept my password. A new one was mailed to me which I have now used, the problem I'm having now is when I tried to change the password, a message tells me my existing password is incorrect, although I've just used it to log in. Need some help, thanks

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Hi @captain

So you could login OK with the new password which is a good start. You then go to Password option in your profile, and its not accepting the emailed password in the "Your existing password" field?
upload_2014-6-17_10-41-23.png

I'll try this on my test account and get back to you!

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Hi,

I've just been through the password reset process on one of my test accounts, and it seems to have worked correctly. The only thing I can think of is the font used to display the new password on the second email isn't that clear (see piccy below). I know someone has already raised this as an issue back to the developers, asking them to use another font.

upload_2014-6-17_10-59-45.png

Did you try copying & pasting the password in when changing it? If not, can you try that!

Gary

captain

South African Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Roadster 2.8i
Hi,

I've just been through the password reset process on one of my test accounts, and it seems to have worked correctly. The only thing I can think of is the font used to display the new password on the second email isn't that clear (see piccy below). I know someone has already raised this as an issue back to the developers, asking them to use another font.

View attachment 6346

Did you try copying & pasting the password in when changing it? If not, can you try that!

Gary
tried copying and pasting still no luck