• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

For Sale Pair of seats

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Joined
May 4, 2015
Points
246
Location
South Yorkshire
Model of Z
2.8
Selling the standard seats out of my 99 2.8 they are in great condition with little to no wear at all.
Will fit into pre and post cars but the seat frames are prefacelift wiring wise all motors tested and good and pretentioners intact.Seat belt guides good.
These seem to vary alot price wise from £80-400. But most seem damaged asking for offers around £150 nice set of seats that will tidy a tired set.

20160107_162719.webp 20160107_162735.webp
Prior to removal
20151025_144533.webp
 
Last edited:
i was just about to tag @Oldguysrule too, just incase he hasnt seen it. i guess they are still for sale, where is pick-up?
 
Selling the standard seats out of my 99 2.8 they are in great condition with little to no wear at all.
Will fit into pre and post cars but the seat frames are prefacelift wiring wise all motors tested and good and pretentioners intact.Seat belt guides good.
These seem to vary alot price wise from £80-400. But most seem damaged asking for offers around £150 nice set of seats that will tidy a tired set.

View attachment 25497 View attachment 25498
Prior to removal
View attachment 25499
Wow, I wish I could find an ad like this over here in the states! My beige seats look bad--no "damage," just white lines where the beige color has worn off. Haven't settled on the best solution yet.
 
Wow, I wish I could find an ad like this over here in the states! My beige seats look bad--no "damage," just white lines where the beige color has worn off. Haven't settled on the best solution yet.
hey! did you know that you can get a re-dying kit? Where you can re colour the seats? @Oldguysrule @Lee might know what the name of it is :D
 
hey! did you know that you can get a re-dying kit? Where you can re colour the seats? @Oldguysrule @Lee might know what the name of it is :D
Thank you. Yes, I've begun to research the problem but it seems like, so far, there's little consensus of thought between "painting" and using dye. But, I'm not sure what is meant by "painting" either. I'll find some good threads for it, I'm sure. Thanks again.
 
Thank you. Yes, I've begun to research the problem but it seems like, so far, there's little consensus of thought between "painting" and using dye. But, I'm not sure what is meant by "painting" either. I'll find some good threads for it, I'm sure. Thanks again.

It is a simple job to re dye the seats. You get the dye from Ebay.
 
It is a simple job to re dye the seats. You get the dye from Ebay.
Jack, I'll be anxious to see how much antm72 gets for those seats. Seems like a great deal to me. By the way, I love your car..it looks really nice from the back! I'll check out eBay.
 
I would think by painting they are talking about using an air brush rather than sponging the dye! Gives a better more even cover I think! Good luck! JIM
 
There are lots of dye repair kits on eBay just need to choose the right colour or if you have just got drying cracks from the sun, you could try dubbin which feeds the leather and stops it shrinking. You can buy it from any saddlery and all you do is rub it in with a cloth and let it dry.
 
I redye'd the replacements with Gliptones Liquid Leather great stuff.
Think the seats are now sold at what i asked for them, will confirm when they go..
New seats after dying..
20151211_142817.webp
I did a how too somewhere on here
 
Jack, I'll be anxious to see how much antm72 gets for those seats. Seems like a great deal to me. By the way, I love your car..it looks really nice from the back! I'll check out eBay.
It is a simple job to re dye the seats. You get the dye from Ebay.
Jack, I found your post. Very impressive result. It appears that my problems are very similar--same color, same place. Do you remember the name of the product you used? There are many on eBay but some look a little suspect. Did you have to blend colors to find a match for beige? I assume you sealed it when you were finished?
 
Jack, I found your post. Very impressive result. It appears that my problems are very similar--same color, same place. Do you remember the name of the product you used? There are many on eBay but some look a little suspect. Did you have to blend colors to find a match for beige? I assume you sealed it when you were finished?

I got my kit from Ebay and it's from "Scratch Doctor". The kit cost me £19.95 delivered and contains everything you need for a basic repair. If you want to dye the whole seat you will need to buy a bigger bottle of the dye. I had to mix the basic beige with a little brown dye and a little red dye but it still came out a little light. If you are doing the complete seat this wont matter so much as you don't have to get an exact match.

There is a sealant in the kit, in fact there are two, depending if you want a matt or a gloss finish.
 
Back
Top