Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
What can I say Tony .
If someone can show me in black and white that I am wrong I will be the first to hold my hands up and apologise for being wrong .
But as I'm pretty sure i will stand my ground on my answer.

Stephen.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I’m sure you are right Steve, not quite sure why they make it as complex an issue in the text though. If there is no tow coupling at the time if test then it cannot tow a trailer so you don’t need electrics. Regarding standing your ground you’re right to do so, like I always was re. Oil temp testing. DVSA (VOSA) have shirked a lot of responsibilities this last year from what I hear.

Tony.

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
This is one of those ones where if its not there you can't test it so therefore can't fail it .

An example of this would be.
A car comes in for an mot fails on abs light on . ( reg pre Jan 2010)
Car leaves comes back couple of days later and abs light, pump,sensors and all connecting wiring has been removed.
Then then have to pass it as you cant fail it as not there.
You can't do this post Jan 2010 as still would be a fail .
There are a number of things like that on the test like you don't need to test a seat belt if no corresponding seat.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Can be a bloody minefield mate. I have to say I don't miss having to dig my old manager out of the holes he dug himself into. They created a monster by differentiating between the euro socket and the much more common 7 pin ones.

Tony.

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
You must be glad you're retired now. 😀

Me I've still got another 17 yrs to go :(

More stuff being added to the test in March I think it is when Dr and front fog lights ( post 2018 ) amongst others comes in .

Cpd assessment gets more difficult each year first 2 years they done this annual assessment wasn't too bad but last 2 years gas became increasingly difficult.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Yeah, I talked to the blokes I worked with when I got my Z Tested last year and gathered that Steve. The young man who took my job had done the training, been on the course and only needed the local man to watch him do a test in Lincoln. Then lockdown 1 happened and the would not come and do that. End result he will have to start from scratch again if he ever does, because they almost forced him to take on a tyre fitter’s job or be made redundant, this a young married dad. Crap really eg?

Tony.