Old movie star

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
Does anyone know who this old movie star is .......
We're got the picture up where I work but nobody knows who she is ........
Thanks for your help ;)

image.jpg

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Is it Diana Dors?
I've no idea ,
Will be good to find out tho ,
It's been up in my work place for years and even the customers don't know so I thought I'd ask on here ;)

Z

zedonist

Check the back of the photo, people used to write on the back of photos

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
We're done that ,,,,,
But nothing on back of photo
Thanks for your help ;)

Z

zedonist

Well who is it Bonzo, I am sure she would have been on your wall as a teenager?

I've been looking at 40's and 50's movie stars all day, could not find her, but what I did find out,maws that all these stars did not mind getting their kit off! Been quite a productive day :angelic:

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Glad you have had a good day looking at the movie stars ,
Thanks for your help :)
I was thinking maybe it's Vivien Leigh

B

bonzo

It seems to be taken close up at a funny angle. The face is quite full. If it was taken early on in her career it might be puppy fat, so that when / if she hit the big time it could have been much slimmer. I don't think it's Vivien Leigh, although it could have been a young Janet Leigh. Sorry Zedonist, I had no posters of movie stars up on my bedroom wall in my teenage years, didn't feel the need. I used to read N.M.E. and Melody Maker avidly though, I was really into the music in the 60's and 70's

Mind you, seeing Jane Fonda in Barbarella caused some tenting of the bedclothes I seem to recall! :rolleyes:

B

bonzo

I've just googled Pat Butcher! I don't watch Eastenders, never have seen a whole episode. I tried once a long time ago, but it didn't hold my attention, so I took the dogs out for a walk. I think my wife may have watched it. After that, whenever it started, I called the dogs for 'walkies,' and after a while it got to the stage that I didn't need to call them, they stirred and got up, ready to go out just after the theme music started. Just like Pavlov's dogs. Thinking about poster girls, the only one I thought was really lovely (apart from Jane Fonda) was Alexandra Bastedo, who starred in 'The Champions.' I thought she was totally gorgeous. She used to run the Champions Animal Sanctuary in West Chiltington, the village in West Sussex where I lived before we moved to Norfolk. Sadly, she died a year or so ago. I never went to see her. I preferred to remember her as she was in her prime. Debbie Harry was very sexy, but I loved Alexandra.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bonzo

I've just looked her up on 'When They were Famous' and she was still a very lovely lady. More so in a certain way, so I really regret not going to see her. Oh well, my loss!