Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
As far as I can tell Soper's workshop still use the old fashioned drain it out the bottom method!

Tony.

Howard

Zorg Addict
French Zeds
Model of Z
3.0i (manual)
If a dealer employs people that they can't trust to do an oil change without creating leaks then God help us all. We have one of these at work and its main use is for general "sucking out" any leftovers in filter housing etc. after the filter has been removed on all of the Peugeot engines widely used across the car world these days. It was bought to do the early Smart cars which didn't have a drain plug. I cannot imagine how you can get more crap out of an engine using one of them rather than draining hot oil into a drain tray, or is that it? Hot oil.:(

Tony.
Hi, it's nothing to do with the main dealer employing people they can't trust. Obviously the best way is to drain the oil from the sump bung. Fact if life is all main dealer technicians are on bonus and cars like Land Rover,BMW etc
don't have dip sticks and the manufacturers times for all servicing has been cut so this is the main reason why they suck the oil out. Every one wants cheaper costs and this is one of the ways of cutting costs.
At £100 + an hour every min has to be accounted for.
H

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
They must have very quick extraction system then, because the one we have would never suck out 6.5 - 7.0 ltrs. of oil quicker than I could drain it via the sump plug. I admit it saves lifting the car on a ramp which is why the Japanese started using these things at fuel stations years ago.
Makes your dealer service stamps mean less and less.:(:( I wonder how many owners are aware?

Tony.

Howard

Zorg Addict
French Zeds
Model of Z
3.0i (manual)
Yes I agree, and most owners are not aware. Funny old world when technicians have to semi bodge a simple job due to a bonus scheme, and on the Land Rovers they all have metal sump guards to remove if they want to access the sump bung.
Glad I do my own maintenance.
H