• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

Wanted OEM Rear Window Protector

bonbon

Zorg Legend
Joined
Mar 13, 2012
Points
75
Location
Israel
Model of Z
19L Auto
Anyone have one of these gathering dust?
I need one to protect against the harmful sun-rays:cool:
1602099949704.webp
 
I've got one and it's in the original wallet - £45 including postage?
(cheapest on eBay is over £80)
 
Yes - but I need it also in order to protect the integrity of the plastic window from UV degradation (5 summers and it gets cloudy)
 
Interesting.
I want one, too!
 
Hi Neal, Tracking number is LB504504475GB let me know when you get it.
 
That’s exactly what I’ve done until now.
Flexible pipe insulation inside a pillow case.
After 10 years time to upgade ;-)
I’ll now try to integrate the pipe at the bottom edge of the new addition.
 
If anyone wants one, I have a brand new one in the original packaging, never been opened. £50 inc UK post.
PM me if interested.
 
Just put a strip of sticky back velcro (the hook side) along the pipe, it should stick quite well to the cover fabric without the other half of the velcro but if not just use the other half of the velcro stuck along the centre of the cover.
 
Just put a strip of sticky back velcro (the hook side) along the pipe, it should stick quite well to the cover fabric without the other half of the velcro but if not just use the other half of the velcro stuck along the centre of the cover.
Velcro does not stick to any of the 3 materials in the cover.
I'll look into a solution similar to the stretchy bands that hold the plastic hooks. I'm thinking about connecting to the bottom edge of the cover - under the assumption that the insulation pipe can also work when connected to the bottom (and not in the middle).
 
Last edited:
I thought the velcro would stick but as it doesn't you could use sticky back velcro and use both side to attach the pipe? Not sure if the pipe will work at the bottom as it needs to go in the fold in the middle of the window to stop the creasing.
 
I found that the best location of the pipe is in fact on the top of the cover. I put three flexible straps where the pipe can be inserted.
 

Attachments

  • 8027B5AA-0170-493E-9AD6-7148CA0AE53E.webp
    8027B5AA-0170-493E-9AD6-7148CA0AE53E.webp
    108.7 KB · Views: 501
I like how you've attached the pipe but I can't see how it does the job it is intended to do in that position - it is meant to go in the fold in the middle of the window so that the window has a nice round fold rather than a sharp crease.
 
When closing the roof I manually ensure that the pipe sits snugly in the fold of the window.
 
Last edited:
Apologies, that makes sense to me now.
 
For the connoisseurs - 2 small neodymium magnets to make sure it stays in place when parked.
 

Attachments

  • E04A36AB-3FD2-4B1A-8AF4-E0BCAAE22B9D.webp
    E04A36AB-3FD2-4B1A-8AF4-E0BCAAE22B9D.webp
    51.6 KB · Views: 479
Back
Top