Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

November trip to NYC (3) 911 Memorial

Discussion in 'General Banter' started by FRANKIE, Jan 22, 2014.

1. FRANKIE

FRANKIE Zorg Guru (V)
    American Zeds The M44 Massive

Model of Z:
    Z3
    #1 FRANKIE, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  2. t-tony

t-tony Zorg Expert (I)
    Supporter British Zeds #ZedShed

Model of Z:
    Z4 3.0 Auto
    I really have no words, every time I see anything connected with that day it leaves me both sad and angry. I can remember the day Kennedy was killed just, I remember my mum crying but I wasn't sure why. I will never forget when I first heard this news.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bessieblue

bessieblue Zorg Guru (II)
    East Anglian Crew

Model of Z:
    yes very moving, couldnt face going there when we were in NY

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. FRANKIE

FRANKIE Zorg Guru (V)
    American Zeds The M44 Massive

Model of Z:
    Z3
    There were a few other pictures that were taken that day that I couldn't bring myself to post on the forum. My cousin took two pictures of my wife and I as we were standing near the base of what was the south tower. I can't show these here as I can only look at these as a remembrance of our being there. To post them somewhere would make me feel as if I were reducing the place as a cheap tourist attraction with a disregard to what happened there. Very close to where we were standing, a fireman, a friend of my brother, lost his life when he was struck by a person who had jumped from the tower.
    All the visitors were very respectful. It seemed as if everyone spoke in whispers, no loud voices or shouting. And I was very surprised that most of the people seemed to be speaking in a foreign language. Frankie

5. t-tony

t-tony Zorg Expert (I)
    Supporter British Zeds #ZedShed

Model of Z:
    Z4 3.0 Auto
    That is possibly because that outrage, and that is what it was, affected the whole world Frankie. If a place such as this cannot be treated with respect God help us all. When our little girl passed away at 5 yrs old almost 20 years ago we took some pictures so that we can always remember her because try as you might memories do fade with the years. You do right to keep some pictures for yourselves as we did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. EnthuZiaZT

EnthuZiaZT Zorg Guru (V)
    British Zeds East Anglian Crew

Model of Z:
    Z4 28i Msport
    I think that it is still very hard to grasp all what happened on that day, Frankie. It brings it home when you see the names of all those innocent people. What on earth gives someone the right to take even a single life of a person they don't know, never mind hundreds of lives like that and all in the name of religion too!

• Agree Agree x 2