Not Zed related, Foxwell query

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
Hopefully someone with a little Foxwell knowledge may be able to help me. I have emailed Foxwell in China but they replied saying that their technical guys are all off with covid.

Down here at the "Ratthole" I have a 2010 Saab 9-3 estate and a 2011 Vauxhall Astra estate ( ex Thames Valley Police Dog Vehicle) and I want to be able to read the diagnostics with my Foxwell scanner. I have asked Foxwell if I just needed the General Motors download but they can't tell me because the tech dept is closed due to covid.
Neither Saab or Vauxhall is listed as a Foxwell download and I haven't been able to find out if they are both listed within the GM.

Thanks
Garry

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Sorry mate, I can’t help. I was going to get some software for my mates Citroen but the don’t list Citroen, Peugeot or Renault. So not a fan of French vehicles either.

Tony.

Zephyr

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
Chances as that it also works as a universal obd reader non model specific.
had a 301 and could read and clear all brands generic codes (no airbag reset - no abs reset) so why not try and check.

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Thanks guys, I was thinking it would be a good chance I would just need General Motors as both Saab and Vauxhall were both GM companies but was just looking for confirmation really

AleNod

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 E89 20i sdrive roadster
Some scanners (like mine) are single make, so you may be blocked from downloading other makes for that tool. There are also some NT64x/63x/62x/61x that weren't 'officially' sold in the UK. Is it perhaps that that's blocking you ?

I see both makes are listed so should be available. Vauxhall's are sold everywhere else in the world as Opel, but I think Vauxhall should be listed if you own a multi-make tool.

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Some scanners (like mine) are single make, so you may be blocked from downloading other makes for that tool. There are also some NT64x/63x/62x/61x that weren't 'officially' sold in the UK. Is it perhaps that that's blocking you ?

I see both makes are listed so should be available. Vauxhall's are sold everywhere else in the world as Opel, but I think Vauxhall should be listed if you own a multi-make tool.
I can add 4 extra "makes" to my scanner. I think mine is the NT520pro. I've already got BMW and Honda. I can't see Vauxhall or Saab on Foxwell site though, unless I'm looking at a different one to you

BigCL

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z4
I just bought a Foxwell NT710 and it is supposed to do some bi-directional things like emergency trunk release, and also do key addition. It does not. In fact each of the 5 things I tried to use it for don't work. The DTC code reader just bangs you straight into google, so when I got a "27DD" code it sent me links to bra shopping. A real PoS that I do not recommend.

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
The DTC code reader just bangs you straight into google, so when I got a "27DD" code it sent me links to bra shopping.
Is that 27DD the pair or each ?