Write Up Northumberland Treasure Hunt

petecossie

Zorg Guru (II)
British Zeds
We took part in a BMWCCNE car treasure hunt today. We had started/finished in Seaton Sluice at Harbour View Fish & Chip Shop and did a circular 66 mile route around Northumberland. We all set off from separate locations around the route depending on your home location. As a result we only fleetingly saw three other cars. Saw some great roads/places which we'd never seen before.We e-mailed our answers when we got home to the fella who organised the event. We came joint second out of 12 entrants.
Great format for a day out, mind the fella who organised it all must have put a lot of time and effort in to make it work.

We even got spotted by another Z3 M Coupe owner who lives up in that area.

Thoroughly enjoyed the run out after Lockdown. Mind we had to travel 44 x 2 miles to get there and back, so a bit cream crackered when we eventually got home.

Davyhoogy

Zorg Guru (III)
I'm sure I've asked before, is that a group on facebook or elsewhere? I'll give it a join and look out for events like this. Sounds fun

Olliebeak

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Same as Davy above I live in the Ashington area and would also be interested in joining similar events around the Northumberland area

Davyhoogy

Zorg Guru (III)
Same as Davy above I live in the Ashington area and would also be interested in joining similar events around the Northumberland area
We have a facebook group for the north east z3 scene. BMW z3 north east uk.
But would be good to maybe attend others

petecossie

Zorg Guru (II)
British Zeds
Davy, with you already being a Facebook user(I'm not) I think you have been on the BMWCCNE Facebook page (something to do with locking wheel nuts if I recall). I have mentioned in the past that the non-members of the BMWCC were welcome to the monthly meetings we had at The Black Horse at Beamish. Hopefully these will resume in the not too distant future. I'll put a reminder up when they restart. Don't know as yet what the format will be of course.