noisy hood

miller1098

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M
when my hood is up sometimes it sounds as though theres a mouse running around in the back,when its wet it dissapears it must need some lube of some kind,ideas?

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Pros & cons of a convertible.....on bumpy roads my hard top rattles like a sob and I have tried every thing to cure it. No joy.

B

badman gee

when my hood is up sometimes it sounds as though theres a mouse running around in the back,when its wet it dissapears it must need some lube of some kind,ideas?
cheese on a mousetrap to cure?

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
Pros & cons of a convertible.....on bumpy roads my hard top rattles like a sob and I have tried every thing to cure it. No joy.
Have you tightened the nuts which hold the bayonet handles into the roof body?
Add a bit of oil to the bayonets as well.

Sent from m'iPhone using TappetTorque

g8jka

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 - 2000 2.8 Roadster
How about taking it off? I'm sure that will cure it, after all it is a roadster and not a wannabe coupe :banghead::D

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Well, in actual fact, my first choice was a coupe and I still want one............:)

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
Sorry for not answering your specific question Miller. Perhaps you and Mike have both got mice in there. It sounds as though Mike's are also wearing clogs :shock:
There are side vents in the hood which get progressively noisier as speed increases and Im wondering whether there is maybe some part of this fabric which is "rippling" perhaps?

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
I'm wondering if this kinky latex pant wearing mouse is in fact the start of top mount failure in disguise ?

miller1098

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M
I'm wondering if this kinky latex pant wearing mouse is in fact the start of top mount failure in disguise ?

See i knew once you started and fired up the old grey cell ,but when the hood is down its quiet i still think it could be 2 rubber wearing kinky mice! the traps are in place