len crissell

hi, to all, just purchased a 2.8 year 2ooo, with 38thousand miles, on the speedo.apart from a couple of stone chips, and a faulty thermostat on the road test, dealer to replace, the car is unmarked.must have spent a long time slumbering in the garage,and had short trips to tescos!. I am three weeks from retirement and am really looking forward to putting some miles on the speedo, usually my wife and travel to the Pyrenees on our annual hols,did run a five series bmw, nice car,but not at home in the mountains.really looking forward to the change, I plan to use this z as my full time car all year round,any advice on purchasing hardtops and fixing kits, from other members would be appreciated,can see them on e bay but without fixings. thinging it might just be better to keep the soft top waterproof, would appreciate your opinons. best regards, len crissell.

Mr-P

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Sold Z3M
Welcome to the forum and have fun in the 2.8.

As far as I know hardtop fitting kits are no longer available new, so ebay etc is the only place.

Keeping the soft top well waterproofed is great as on a nice day a few seconds later you have open top motoring.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Welcome to Zorg @len crissell, :welcome:

Z3's are remarkably versatile all year round. Along with many on here I've driven mine throughout the year, mine without a hard top. Something about a drive on a crisp winters morning with the top down is pretty special - assuming the rear screen is warmed up before dropping the hood ;).

Hard top or not - hichever way you go, you will love it! Some piccies of your new ride would be cool ;)

Gary

laurence

The West Country
Model of Z
Welcome I'm fairly new on here and its a great site! i too have a 2.8 zed and its great fun! enjoy :D

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Welcome aboard and what a way to kick off your retirement congratulations.

Hardtop wise keep an eye open on the forums and also on ebay as original fitting kits do come up more often than you think. Also check out German ebay as there arw usually plenty of new fitting kits on there although at a slight premium. If you dexide to for it when you see a hardtop in your colour don't hang about just grab it as another might not come around for months. The alternative is to buy one and get it resprayed but budget upto £200 on top to get it resprayed.

Get some pictures up when you get chance as we all love to ogle eaxh others zeds.

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
:welcome: from me too. We do need to see some pictures though;), forum rules...

joey

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 16v M44
congrats on your purchase, sounds like you have a nice example there with low mileage..it will be a blast in the mountains...

and welcome!

B

bonzo

Hi Len and Laurence, welcome to the '2.8' crew. Going to be out in Zelda today, top down in the sun. It's magic hearing that six purr.

Bonzo.

zedwheels

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Hi len crisssel :welcome: to the forum from here in sunny Wales.:coolsteer):coolsteer) Gotta take it abroad nothing like it and its about time it had a few more miles on the clock.