Newbie looking at getting a Z3

Lytesben

Hello everyone,

I have been recently considering buying myself a Z3 for a fun weekend car to replace my (currently for sale) classic Rover Mini called 'Giles'.

Going to have a look around for some buying advice but in the meantime here's a picture of Giles :)

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
:welcome: to the forum from West Cumbria. Nice Mini :thumbsup:

Good luck on your quest, plenty of long serving Zed owners on here that know all the pros and cons. Happy hunting.

Mac Romans

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
My s***'s custom!
Hello, a Z3 is a great choice to replace your little classic. There are a few folk on here who are considering selling, I'm sure they'll pop along shortly.
Buying from a forum member is good as they tend to be enthusiasts and the cars very well maintained and cared for. I'm talking from experience and couldn't have found a better example from a mere muggle!

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
:welcome:Hi and welcome from me too :p
A lovely old mini ;)
I'd love one of those ;)
One of my favourite cars ;)

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hi @Lytesben the old Min is great fun, here's something you'll never have heard, "My first car was a Mini" thought so. Anyway welcome to the forum from near Lincoln. I do have a 2000 2.0 Z3 Auto in good condition with only 88,000 miles on it. Loads of work done, a lot of it documented on here. In the 3rd photo you can see the reason I'm selling.
030.jpg
031.jpg
033.jpg

Tony.

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
Hello and welcome from Truro

BMBabe

Zorg Guru (V)
Staff member
Supporter
British Zeds
Community Admin
Model of Z
Z3
Welcome from Aylesbury :p
Good luck in your search!! I must say your mini Is awesome keep him as well as getting a Zed :thumbsup:

Lytesben

Hello, a Z3 is a great choice to replace your little classic. There are a few folk on here who are considering selling, I'm sure they'll pop along shortly.
Buying from a forum member is good as they tend to be enthusiasts and the cars very well maintained and cared for. I'm talking from experience and couldn't have found a better example from a mere muggle!
I thought so too! I am a moderator and active member on a couple of MINI and Mini forums as I own both the Classic and a new MINI for everyday use and know that forums usually are the best place to pick up a well looked after example :thumbsup:

That's what I did, I wasn't getting much use out of the mini I restored and owned for 15 years.......I bought a 2.2i z3 and never looked back. More comfort, more power, more safety and the roof comes off.......!
Exactly, I do love owning a classic but he just doesn't get used that much he is isn't the most comfortable (as he kindly reminded me on Saturday when I did a 300+ mile round trip!) I also spend the whole driving him on sunny days wishing the roof came off lol

Hi @Lytesben the old Min is great fun, here's something you'll never have heard, "My first car was a Mini" thought so. Anyway welcome to the forum from near Lincoln. I do have a 2000 2.0 Z3 Auto in good condition with only 88,000 miles on it. Loads of work done, a lot of it documented on here. In the 3rd photo you can see the reason I'm selling.
View attachment 29303 View attachment 29304 View attachment 29306

Tony.
Ha no definitely not heard that one before :p That does look a lovely Zed, unfortunately Lincoln is quite a distance to go and ideally I am after a manual. Best of luck with your sale as well :)

Lytesben

Welcome from Aylesbury :p
Good luck in your search!! I must say your mini Is awesome keep him as well as getting a Zed :thumbsup:
Thank you! He is rather nice, but I think having 3 cars is a little excessive lol. I have considered just popping him away in a garage as I will be sad to see him go.

Si

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0Si sport
Hi and welcome, enjoy the chase, @t-tony has certainly put a lot of effort into his Z3. Where are you based, I may be selling my 2001 2.2 soon still some work to be done but mechanicals are good.

BMBabe

Zorg Guru (V)
Staff member
Supporter
British Zeds
Community Admin
Model of Z
Z3
Thank you! He is rather nice, but I think having 3 cars is a little excessive lol. I have considered just popping him away in a garage as I will be sad to see him go.
I say pop him away
I currently have 3 as I just bought my second Z3 and was supposed to sell the old one but my heart won't let her go so the daily fiesta is going and me old Z3 is going to be my daily :thumbsup:
People are amazing on here!! I have had help with getting my Zed fixed and forum members went and saw my new Zed for me to inspect it before I made the long journey
You won't find a better place than Zorg :thumbsup:

Lytesben

Hi and welcome, enjoy the chase, @t-tony has certainly put a lot of effort into his Z3. Where are you based, I may be selling my 2001 2.2 soon still some work to be done but mechanicals are good.
Thanks. It does look rather nice so something to consider, just wanted a manual really. I am in Somerset so a bit of a trek to Sittingbourne but for a deal it could be made I guess lol

I say pop him away
I currently have 3 as I just bought my second Z3 and was supposed to sell the old one but my heart won't let her go so the daily fiesta is going and me old Z3 is going to be my daily :thumbsup:
People are amazing on here!! I have had help with getting my Zed fixed and forum members went and saw my new Zed for me to inspect it before I made the long journey
You won't find a better place than Zorg :thumbsup:
Sounds like a great choice to me! Well I mentioned about 3 cars being a little excessive but I also have a Renault 5 Monaco waiting for some work to be done so it would actually be 4 cars :whistle:

This does also seem a very nice friendly forum :thumbsup:

spurs fan in a coupe

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
3rd Party Trader
Image a nice 1.9 that I'll be selling sion, has coilovers and decent paintwork fir it's age, hell rot red, manual, MOT, about 100k on the clock, I'm in Woking, Surrey

Good luck on hunt

Lytesben

Sell the Renault and keep the Mini and a Zed.:ymdevil:
Well tbh the Renault probably won't be touched anytime soon as it will near a fair bit spending on it but it's only one of a couple dozen left being the Monaco edition. I haven't had an awful amount of interest in the Mini yet so he might well stay :)

Image a nice 1.9 that I'll be selling sion, has coilovers and decent paintwork fir it's age, hell rot red, manual, MOT, about 100k on the clock, I'm in Woking, Surrey

Good luck on hunt
Not a massive fan of red but might be interested when it goes up for sale :thumbsup: