New Radiator

Iamjonw

Zorg Legend
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Widebody Roadster
My Rad has seen better days and following a recent visit to Z-Shed West, we concluded that a replacement was due. So far I have priced up:
Cotswold BMW £390.30 OEM Part
Euro Car Parts: £154.99 Nissen

Anyone got any experience of the Non-OEM rad?

Don't want a second hand rad (Sorry Spurs Fan :))

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
I have had a new aftermarket in my zed 3 yrs with no issues other than when I fitted it had trouble with the old rad cap on the new radiator purchase new cap all good. I got mine from Dingbro ( trade only ) here in Scotland can't remember what I paid would need to look but I would have got it trade cost.
Stephen.

mrscalex

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Nissens are a well known radiator make and are the OE for some BMWs. Not sure if they were for Z3s but if not there will be plenty driving around as an aftermarket fitment. My brother's Z3 is one of them.

The only caution I'd suggest is if ECP sell a budget version.

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
Just had a look as I still have old rad as was leaking between expansion bottle and core my new one is a Nissens.

Stephen.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Nissen as an aftermarket radiator supplier are in my experience, very good. Working in the motor trade I cannot ever recall fitting a genuine BMW radiator, ever.

Tony.

Iamjonw

Zorg Legend
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Widebody Roadster
Thanks everyone for your replies. So in usual fashion (probably my bad) went to order on ECP and with discount code, down to £100 +/-, so thinking 'Great - go for it' to get the message 'This item is no longer available'.

Off now to the bay of evilness, found a Latvian supplier quoting a brand new radiator for £64.16 + £18 shipping - should I be wary? 99.9% positive feedback on 34060 responses?

mrscalex

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
I can't comment on specific Latvian sellers. But BMW parts are a serious business in Latvia and there are too many such sellers on ebay for them all to be duff.

All the same I'd never buy from Latvia as there is nearly always one for less in the UK.

mrscalex

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Quick check suggests part number is Nissens 60638.

It does look slim pickings on ebay currently. I would probably look at autodoc too. £137 there. And free postage if you buy something else and get over £140. No idea anymore what sort of duties you might pay coming in from Latvia or Germany in the case of autodoc.

Iamjonw

Zorg Legend
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Widebody Roadster
Found one on:
euspares.co.uk
£154.06 delivered - thought that was OK so went for it.

Thanks all!