New member Klaxon!

Greyzeethree

Hello all, Tom, South East. Battle, East Sussex to be exact. 1999 Pre facelift 2.8 Z3. Sterling Grey.

Had loved these ever since Goldeneye. Then went off them for ages until a few years ago they started to age really well. Last year I snapped up a <£1k 1.9 '97 car. I loved it! At the time of buying the guy selling it said in 6 months you'll be after a 2.8. Four months later I got the 2.8 ;)

As a novice I bought a bit of a dud, however, not all is lost. This year we've put a whole new exhaust on, new discs, pads and callipers all round. Reverted back to stock springs and Bilstein B4s. Just changed the oil and filters. The engine is just over £100k and is sublime now after some TLC. The hood is booked in at Jack Smiths this October & next year I'll start with the body work. She's a little crusty; so two new factory sills & front wings required and a ground up respray.

It is the best car I have ever owned!!! Would love to join a conga if there are any drive outs in the South East.

Nice to meet you all,

Tom

Attachments

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hi Tom, welcome from me too near Lincoln. :beer:beer

Tony.

Keet

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i M Sport
Hello and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

backseateducation

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Welcome Tom. I'm already following you on Instagram I think 😂

Amy H

Dedicated Member
Hello all, Tom, South East. Battle, East Sussex to be exact. 1999 Pre facelift 2.8 Z3. Sterling Grey.

Had loved these ever since Goldeneye. Then went off them for ages until a few years ago they started to age really well. Last year I snapped up a <£1k 1.9 '97 car. I loved it! At the time of buying the guy selling it said in 6 months you'll be after a 2.8. Four months later I got the 2.8 ;)

As a novice I bought a bit of a dud, however, not all is lost. This year we've put a whole new exhaust on, new discs, pads and callipers all round. Reverted back to stock springs and Bilstein B4s. Just changed the oil and filters. The engine is just over £100k and is sublime now after some TLC. The hood is booked in at Jack Smiths this October & next year I'll start with the body work. She's a little crusty; so two new factory sills & front wings required and a ground up respray.

It is the best car I have ever owned!!! Would love to join a conga if there are any drive outs in the South East.

Nice to meet you all,

Tom
Hi, welcome from one newbie to another 👋

backseateducation

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
@mattsmondeo 👍

Scooblitz

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Welcome to the site.

Grey with hardtop is is a winning combo.

Get a progress thread up and detail up your new bits on there. Lots of Photos please. :)

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Hi Tom and :welcome: from me too in Stafford.