.net back on line

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
Thought I would try .net and it loaded up. Apparently it came back on line at 12:30 today.
Now I have 2 sites to visit :-bd

RodsZ3

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
2.2i Sport
Don't know if I went to the same .net site but it seems like a sub group of a site for Z3M's and Z4M's....which, don't get me wrong, are all very interesting (and a terrific car so I understand) however they are a different vehicle from the main stream Z3 and Z4's. /:)

So for me I'll stick to the new whizzy .org :ymhug:

Rod

B

badman gee

I prefer the .org site now.

It's not going to be easy dealing with 2 sites.

:(

g8jka

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 - 2000 2.8 Roadster
It is up and running again and Tim Cullis has produced a post here about the problem and also asking for more sponsorship towards the site to keep it running.

Nice to see it back up and running but what is everyone going to do now? Should we stay or should we go? :-?

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
I have always offered to host it FOC for them if that would enable it to keep running. If money is still an issue now then I guess it always will be.

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
I'm a bit confused. I read on this site it doesn't cost anything to run but the .net site does? Can somebody please explain this concept :-??

Garythefish

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
S54 Z3M
How is this site free to run but .net isn't ? is it an information storage issue ?

B

badman gee

RodsZ3 said:
Don't know if I went to the same .net site but it seems like a sub group of a site for Z3M's and Z4M's....which, don't get me wrong, are all very interesting (and a terrific car so I understand) however they are a different vehicle from the main stream Z3 and Z4's. /:)

So for me I'll stick to the new whizzy .org :ymhug:

Rod

Thats the wrong .net site rod.

Enter the address manually rather than using a search engine. i.e www.zroadster.net

Mark

RodsZ3

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
2.2i Sport
Whoops...yes, silly me :ymblushing:

Thanks
Rod

si-forks

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Net is looking dated now i think its time to call it a day i like the new feel to org maybe time for net to bow out gracefully :-?

Mouldy

Model of Z
None at present
It may only be a request for £10, but personally I would rather keep .org going and make the donation of cash to MNDA. It'll do more good!

There's already 127 registered users on here x £10 each . . . . . . . . . that's almost all of the target that Gaz set for the year :-bd .

Garythefish

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
S54 Z3M
The Donation request on .Net is just that, a 'Request'.

Zroadster.net has been running for several years now with over 10,000 registered members.

Zroadster.org has a new feel to it but let's no be too quick to cast aside the good work done by zroadster.net because the site may look old and dated ;)

Hopefully Tim will arrange to have the Forum updated, I understand some of the information would be lost if it were upgraded.

NeRo

Staff member
Global Moderator
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3
All hosting and Domain names do cost, but James/Gaz must be absorbing them for the good of the community. However, knowing what they are doing, it won't be the huge amounts .net are wanting.

I find it disgusting that having had literally £100s of pounds last year to keep .net running and the promise of software upgrade that neither has happened.

Even more galling is that they want more money after letting everyone down - it shows how out of touch they are about their members

Would you keep going back to a shop if they kept letting you down?

si-forks

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Could the two forums combine to make a super site best of new and old

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

impala

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Hi all,
Speaking as a relative outsider is there no way the two sites can be merged. I don't really know the history or the personalities involved but a merged site bringing the best of both i.e. the extensive knowledge and history of .net and the new fresh enthusiasm of .org would seem to be a great recipe. In addition Tim seems to find it a burden both in time and finances to run the site single handed but with the help of Gary and James might find it a much easier and enjoyable task.
I would congratulate all the people involved in both sites for their work which clearly gives a good number of people both help and enjoyment.
If my suggestion is way out of line then I'm more than happy to but out.

Dave

Garythefish

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
S54 Z3M
I fully understand your point Neil, hopefully Tim will address those issues, if not then I cant see zroadster.net continuing with the level of support it has received in the past few years :(

Garythefish

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
S54 Z3M
impala said:
Hi all,
Speaking as a relative outsider is there no way the two sites can be merged. I don't really know the history or the personalities involved but a merged site bringing the best of both i.e. the extensive knowledge and history of .net and the new fresh enthusiasm of .org would seem to be a great recipe. In addition Tim seems to find it a burden both in time and finances to run the site single handed but with the help of Gary and James might find it a much easier and enjoyable task.
I would congratulate all the people involved in both sites for their work which clearly gives a good number of people both help and enjoyment.
If my suggestion is way out of line then I'm more than happy to but out.

Dave

I think this would be a brilliant idea