Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nürburgring Bankrupt: What’s Happening at the Nordschleife

Discussion in 'General Banter' started by hard top, Aug 24, 2012.

1. hard top

hard top Zorg Expert (I)
    Dutch Zeds The M44 Massive

2. peteslag

peteslag Zorg Legend

Model of Z:
    Z4 3.0 SE
    Re: Nürburgring Bankrupt: What’s Happening at the Nordschlei

I had a day at Oulton Park last year, if there was a crash it was cleared within 10 minutes without any dramas. This year I went to the Nurburgring, there were 2 crashes that day. One involved a motor bike and they closed the track for nearly 4 hours, the second was a car and they closed the track for the rest of the day. I was there for the entire day and only got 2 laps. Speaking to people at the track, this happens alot. For some reason the police like keep the track closed for as long as they can. I love the track itself, but the politics surrounding it mean I will probably never go back. The track should have been open for 6 hours that day, it was only open for 45 minutes. That was 5 hours and 15 minutes that it wasn't making any money.

We need to keep spreading the rumour of a Welsh Nurburgring............. who knows.............. it might come true. :coolsteer)