My London Marathon MNDA fund raiser

TJ65

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
I guess this is right place to post this, if not I’m sorry but I’m sure someone will move it for me.

I’ve not been a member for long and spend most of my time reading the threads and not participating much in the discussions. I feel now is the time to join in a bit with the thread on hobbies and the forums nominated charity. My hobby (after the zed of course) is distance running, this year I have managed the get a place in the Virgin London Marathon in April, and thought it only fitting to run in MNDA colors and raise some money in the process. If any one wishes to sponsor me on this 26.2 mile tour around London without the aid of four wheels and a full tank of petrol please feel free the link to my giving site is below. All money raised will go to MNDA. When I have it all the money in including any money raised on sponsor forms I’ll let you know the total so it can be added to forums grand total.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/TimHarper

Boysie

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster S50
Great Idea TJ65

I'll sponsor you, send me the details
Saves me doing the marathon :) :)

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Tim,

Thank you so much for joining in the fund raising, it's really appreciated! Not sure what I can offer except sponsorship & encouragement. We can supply you with a custom t-shirt for the actual run & we will try and get you as much publicity through the site that we can!

Well done that man :ymhug:

Gary

ps, I moved this to the MNDA charity section ;)

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
Great idea TIm :-bd
My son has just failed to be awarded a place in this year's Great North Run.
He'll do something else for MNDA instead, but meanwhile I've chipped in to your sponsorship.
Good Luck :ymapplause:

TJ65

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Thanks for your donationTerry
Tell your son not to feel down about the Great North I got a refusal to today as well. If he goes on to the MNDA site they have gold bond places to give away he will just have to comit to raising I minimum of £395. I've ran the race twice before and it's great fun and loads of atmosphere.

TJ65

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Does anyone know if there is a sew on badge With the Zorg logo on it. I am planning to run wearing an MNDA vest If there is a badge that I can sew on my running vest I will wear it with pride

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
TJ65 said:
Does anyone know if there is a sew on badge With the Zorg logo on it. I am planning to run wearing an MNDA vest If there is a badge that I can sew on my running vest I will wear it with pride
The Zorg team are in the process of having all the merchandise made (we're a newish site in case you didn't know). I'm sure the lads will sort things out for you and we'll all be rooting for you :D

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
TJ65 said:
As the others have said, thank you so much for the support, that's absolutely fantastic so anything we can do to help let us know.

we don't have any sew on badges yet but we will make sure you have one. What sort of size do you need?

Boysie

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster S50
We can always get one of the girls to embroider something x_x

TJ65

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Thanks for all your support and encouragement.
Just waiting for my MNDA running vest to arrive. I was hopping it was going to be here today, but it was not to be. When it dose I'lll take a photo and post it and I'll have some idea were to sew a badge (I was going to say "some idea of where to stick it" but that would leave me open to way to much banter)
As far as the training is going, the weather is not helping. I went out last night but only managed to do 6 miles because of all the ice, I'm supposed to be out running to night to do another 6 miles but it's snowing like a bas#%¥d in Yorkshire by the weekend come rain, snow, ice or Armageddon I've got a 20 mile run to do to stay on program.

Thanks again and please feel free to click on my giving link below

TJ65

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Here is a little bit of an up date.
My MNDA running shirt arrived on Friday and as promised here are the pictures, not a lot of room for a badge on the front however there is quite a bit of room on the back so I might see if I can get zroadster.org printed on the back

I went out for a 20 mile run on Saturday morning, the temperature was -10 with snow and ice still on the ground this made it quite interesting to say the least and I must have looked a bit like Bamby slipping about on the ice. The first picture was taken at about 8 miles with packed ice anywhere in the shade. The second picture was taken at about 14 miles, and the choice was run in the Tyre tracks that were solid ice or run on the side or middle in snow over rough ground. the third picture was at about 18 miles running on the river bank home, normally the best bit of the run but again the same poor conditions. I'm now on 2 days rest so hopefully the snow will be gone by the time I go out again

TJ65

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
This is week 11 for me in my traiing program for the London marathon and last night was the first run since Saturdays 20 mile slug in the snow.
What a difference a few days make, the snow has gone and the temperature was a magnificent 6 degrees with no wind chill, it was perfect running conditions for me.
Training for a marathon is not just about distance, you need to train your body to cope with the stresses you are going to put it through so when the legs start to fail and go like jelly at about 20 miles you hopefully have the strength continue.
Last nights run was designed to help build stamina, this consisted of a 7 mile run at a faster pace than you would run a marothon but a bit slower than a sprint, or more commonly known as a Tempo run.
Back out again tonight for another 6/7 miles but this time at a bit steadier pace then rest day Friday ready for another long run on Saturday.

Thanks to everyone who has sponsored me, if you what to see how much I've raised so far just click on my Virgin money giving link below

Canman

Deceased
Model of Z
3 and 4
I am sorry it took so long for me to reply to this thread. Have been really struggling with my computer my hands won't work on the keyboard now are using voice recognition and northern accent is problem. :-s

Thank you so much for choosing this charity for your London Marathon total respect. Let's hope you can raise loads and loads of money. I will copy your just giving link to the MNDA charity Forum.

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: ^:)^ ^:)^

TJ65

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Just got back from 21 mile run and seen the thread I'll post some pictures and a bit of a blog on Monday when I'll have a bit more time of to days escapades.
I'm just happy to be able to do my bit for such a good cause

Tim. (think I need a knackered looking smiley here, but carn't find one)

TJ65

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
As promised here is an up date.

I went out for a run on Thursday but not as early as I wanted to, in fact I ran for 6 miles in the dark with my ear phones in and a head torch on. Not much fun just running with your head down looking for pot holes and trying to dodge them being very careful not to twist your ankle, but I have a schedule to keep so I just had to get on with it.
Saturday was my long run day and I ran the same route as the previous week in the snow but with a little extra loop to make 21.25 miles in total. the problem this week wasn't the snow it was the wind, but hey it's good stamina training, just not 8 miles into a head on wind next time please !!!
Now it's week 12 and Just got back from 5 mile lunch time run. pictures are taken from the same place as last week minus the snow.

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
You must have put an X on the ground judging by the pics. What diverse conditions you are experiencing. Like you say all building up your stamina. I used to like running many moons ago never did marathon though but loved to run in very fine drizzle with no wind.

Fantastic thing your doing and such a worthy cause. Enjoying the updates too :smile:

Snoops ont'apatalk

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
Keep the updates coming as I think there are a lot of people interested in how the progress is going :)

I love sports but hate running and could never do what you are doing so you have my greatest respect. Keep up the great work :)

TJ65

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Wednesday night is running club night, so it was quite a sociable run, chance to chat and catch up with the gossip as we ran 7 miles and hey no snow, wind or rain all together a good night.
Next run is Friday night for another 7 miles. This week is a low mileage week and chance for the body to recover a bit. However Sunday is the first race of the season, it's pocklington 10 mile road race so not to much rest before next weeks mileage builds, but that's for next week and I'll worry about that when I get there

Boysie

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster S50
i do admire your dedication
Its lonely on the road 'been there'