Mission Accomplished - for now!

2DunnsZ3

Zorg Guru (I)
American Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 5 speed roadster
great looking Z! I also have a 1997 2.8 5 speed. I just now got it raised back to original ride, what a difference.. I know they look cool and mean down but it rides and drives so much better. see a couple things that I love on your car. I want to upgrade the headlights which I see you have done. And Its hard to see, but do you have a windscreen and if so it is the first I have seen without roll bars

Rickypoos

Dedicated Member
French Zeds
Model of Z
Z3
Thanks for your post and the kind comment. The car is a RHD UK car but, as I live in France, the headlights have been changed to LHD versions and the 'angel eyes' type was chosen as it was cheaper and more readily available than LHD BMW pre-facelift originals! You will notice that I then changed the side and rear lights to the facelift white ones to be consistent with the new non-amber headlights. The sidelights are BMW and the rears are after-market.
Am not aware of suspension options so do not really understand your comment about 'raising your car back to its original ride'. Can you please explain? Does my car look as if it has been lowered? I assumed that all 1997 2.8's were standard and like mine in ride height.
I have attached a couple more photos to show more clearly the wind-break I have on the car when the hood is down. It came with the car having been purchased by the previous owner a couple of years ago from an after-market supplier. I can look up and give you the name of the supplier/manufacturer if you are interested.

Attachments