Write Up Mint Tours.

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Met up with the Mints (Dave + Pauline) late morning today.
Started off at our house for a cuppa, a catch up and Dave had a go at setting up my new satnav as I can't link it to the route planner on the laptop :rolleyes:.

Than we had a mini cruise over to Wetton, via another great route put together by @Mint, for a bite to eat :hungry: and some friendly banter :).
WP_20171126_14_21_33_Pro.jpg

As it was raining before we set off, the roofs stayed up, so we were toasty warm.
WP_20171126_14_19_05_Pro.jpg

At least the rain had washed away the s****y road salt, horrible stuff.
Great to see you both as always, really enjoyed the wet weather drive :D :rally:.

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Great to see you two again and yes we had a good day out, as always:thumbsup:. Didn't realise how dirty the Zed was till we got home:(. Will give me something to do tomorrow now, get her nice and clean again:whistle:.

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Haha yes some of the water on those country lanes was rather brown........and stinky :facepalm:.
As the van is in for repairs tomorrow it means I'll have time to wash our zed as well :).

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Zedless!
Got to admire your tenacity, going out on those roads, but that's a lot of crud being chucked up under the cars.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Pleased you've had a decent day of it guys. Mines staying in bed till next year now. I just can't stand the thought of running the zed in the salt. I know people reckon it ain't that bad but I'm already seeing the damage it causes on the lorry, electrical conditions dried out with a coating of rust in them. I can't afford to replace the zed so would rather miss it for a few months over winter.

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
I'm no fan of the dreaded road salt either, but I wash the car after a days outing, the same day or the next if it's raining.
Bought a chasis washer now also that connects to the Karcher to help keep underneath as salt free as I can.

Can't do a car much good just being sat stationary all over winter any way, so which ever you do, maintenance is needed.

We love getting out in the zed too much to not use it for six months of the year :rally:, each to there own though folks :).