• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

Expired M44 1.9 engine - 3000 miles only!

mrscalex

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Joined
Jun 10, 2016
Points
165
Location
Swindon & Swansea
@mrscalex I was looking at this and considering the purchase, however I wouldn't know whether this would suffer from the same issues as mine has done as it's been stored for so long?
 
If it's been stored properly no problem but if not then a bit risky, I'd say!! Just be careful starting it up, disconnect the spark plugs and turn over with starter until you circulate the oil throughout the entire motor then when it fires avoid high revs in case a ring or two have seized!! JIM
 
They never seem to have too many problems on Car SOS with old engines that have sat around. Unless they were knackered when the car was taken off the road anyway. Fuzz would make light work of sorting it out for sure ;)
 
They never seem to have too many problems on Car SOS with old engines that have sat around. Unless they were knackered when the car was taken off the road anyway. Fuzz would make light work of sorting it out for sure ;)
I agree totally, a crap motor before storage will just be a crappier motor once restarted!! But at 3k the odds are it was still pretty good to begin with, JIM
 
Back
Top