Guess which one I might need? :eek:

Last edited:

Althulas

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M Roadster
The random BMW pricing drops yet another bombshell which has doubled in 6 years. I remember this post Pingu about Dino selling a Walbro 255 which he used prior to his V8 conversion https://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40982 I don’t if that info is of any use to you. Maybe a PM to Deno to see if it was any good for the S50.

Pingu

Zorg Guru (III)
3rd Party Trader
Deffo worth a try. Deano doesn't have one, but the fuel tank guy might have one, as his fault wasn't the same as mine. There is a possibility that I might be able to make one out of two.

Pingu

Zorg Guru (III)
3rd Party Trader
The fault was Fuse 18 (15A) was blowing every time I switched on the ignition. Fuse 18's only function is to protect the fuel pump.

I've removed the pump unit and stripped the unit down, so the pump is on the bench. The pump works perfectly and draws 1.30A continuously. I then suspected the relay, so I removed the relay - and it works perfectly.

Then I had a brainwave - I ran the pump and put my finger over the end. The current shoots up.

Conclusion - fuel line is blocked. I'll blow some compressed air through the pipes and, with any luck, the most that I'll need is a new filter.

Pingu

Zorg Guru (III)
3rd Party Trader
Replaced pressure regulator (replaced a perished vacuum hose while I was there - hose wasn't split, but was 90% of the way to splitting), replaced fuel filter and blow through the fuel lines.

It seems to run ok now.

About £100 by the time I bought everything - fuel pump, filter, regulator and relay. All eBay specials (but genuine) from around the world :) .

Thank God time wasn't an issue:oops:.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
The car's an S50, so it was the expensive one that I needed. I found one for £50 that was one that someone had bought, but hadn't needed.
Ignore that post, it was a spammer. Just removed it, dumped a link in and came from two IPs on different sides of the world.

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
Gary I thought as soon as you said the word M that was a minimum 300% increase and that's on a good day =))=))
Stephen.