Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lowered Z3M

Discussion in 'The Z Gallery' started by Lee, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Lee

Lee Zorg Guru (V)
    British Zeds #ZedShed M Power

Model of Z:
    Z4 Coupe
    So after some advice from some of you regarding lowering the Z3's i decided to go for 35mm.

The first problem I encountered was the front tyres rubbing the inner arch. i managed to fix that easy with 10mm hub centric spacers.

While i had the shocks off i changed the top mounts (just as well i did they fell apart in my hand) i also slightly stiffened the ride.

As it stands now the stance looks much better but I have had to order some 20mm spacers for the rear to even it all out.

Look forward to comments: The photos are a combination of a local meet, Photo shoot with 3DSM, local photographer.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Daz3

Daz3 Zorg Legend

Model of Z:
    2.8 Roadster
    Looks great would like to see some lighter pics can't even make out the wheels in these. I only ask as my zeds white and I'm thinking of having the wheels coated anthracite. What springs did you go for and what's the ride like?

3. GazHyde

GazHyde The Gaz Monkey
    Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator British Zeds

Model of Z:
    BMW Z4 3.0Si Sport
    Great looking pics, but as Daz says you can quite see the lowering effect. Plus it's a great excuse to post some more pictures up ;)

4. Lee

Lee Zorg Guru (V)
    British Zeds #ZedShed M Power

Model of Z:
    Z4 Coupe
    These are the only photos I have at the moment :D ill take one while the sun is shining tomorrow. They are the standard M wheels sprayed black.

The springs are the set i got from "Spurs fan" they are apex springs mixed with my Knoi shocks and the ride is very smooth not too crashy have to take speed bumps very slowly tho. The knoi's are on the softest setting still.

Lee

5. spurs fan in a coupe

spurs fan in a coupe Zorg Guru (IV)
    3rd Party Trader

Looking great mate, glad the springs helped the car sit so nicely.

• Like Like x 1
  6. z3cade

z3cade Zorg Guru (III)
    East Anglian Crew

Mine Ms on 30mm lowering springs but I had to add thicker spring pads to the rear as it would catch the exhaust system on occasions.

Suprised you had to add spacers to the front? Mines fine with loads of clearance

• Like Like x 1