Lift

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
If you're building a garage, go up another meter and buy a 2 post lift. You a get a 2t lift now for around £1500 and in my opinion a much better option
With most scissor type lifts you still have to crawl or lie underneath them.

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
If you go down that route make sure you put decent footings in under each post. 1000mm x 1000mm x 500mm concrete should do it, half a cubic mtr

Delk

Zorg Guru (II)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 real widebody
I would love a two post lift but we are putting a loft room above for additional accommodation. Unfortunately the other half wont allow a garage bigger then the house.

I seam to change about one clutch a year in something and generally spend a good amount of time under cars.

I know people have the smaller lifts and are happy with them but I would like something a bit heavier. And at the moment I have the car on stands to pull the transmission. And I hate the fact that I cant even roll on my side since there is not enough room. Trying to find something in between working on the ground and a big lift for the future.

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
How about a good old fashioned pit then?

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I've got a pit, you got waders?

Tony.

Mazza

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 1.9 M44 Roadster Z3 2.8 Project
@andyglym , that lift looks a really good bit of kit, but do the cross bars cause any problems, ie stop a gearbox being dropped out ?

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)

mrscalex

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
That's the sort I intend to go for with gearboxes in mind. Don't forget there is VAT and delivery to add on to that price - both significant.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
That's the sort I intend to go for with gearboxes in mind. Don't forget there is VAT and delivery to add on to that price - both significant.
Yep nearer £1,700

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Me too , not the greatest but it was put in in 1960 so it's small to match the garage which housed a sit up and beg Ford Popular .
I dug mine about 34 years ago but the guy who built it lined it with 2 separate pieces of butyl liner and obviously water gets in in between the sections and soaks through the concrete blocks. I have a pump to empty it but haven’t used it for many years. Of course with it being wet I’m constantly changing the boards as they weaken. I’ll probably end up filling it in I guess.

Tony.

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
@andyglym , that lift looks a really good bit of kit, but do the cross bars cause any problems, ie stop a gearbox being dropped out ?
It's a great bit of kit mate and used it a few times, mainly to get wheels on and of x4 at a time. Not really looked to be honest, the cross members are just behind the front wheels and just in front of the back wheels, if that helps?