Lewis Hamilton.

Keet

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i M Sport
Without a doubt unless something goes drastically wrong. Definitely see him winning at least two more while ever he's driving the best car.

Would be interesting to stick him in a Renault or back in a McLaren and see what he could do with their cars.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I'm not convinced he finished this season in the best car in all fairness, he has out driven the others without any doubt. 2021 will be his biggest test as they're all going to be in uncharted territory. Should be interesting.
Nice to see Vettel make an appearance in the pre presentation room to offer congratulations, class!

Tony.

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Next to the great Schuey he's the best in history in my view. All being well he'll go on to surpass the great man. Very few reach his levels of skill and of Those that do fewer still have his mental strength, drive and determination, that's the difference between the very good and the greats. I'd argue that he's one of if not Great Britain's ever sportsman/woman. He, like Schuey, Federer, Woods, Johnson, Lewis, Phelps, Pele etc etc transcend the sporting World.

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Next to the great Schuey he's the best in history in my view. All being well he'll go on to surpass the great man. Very few reach his levels of skill and of Those that do fewer still have his mental strength, drive and determination, that's the difference between the very good and the greats. I'd argue that he's one of if not Great Britain's ever sportsman/woman. He, like Schuey, Federer, Woods, Johnson, Lewis, Phelps, Pele etc etc transcend the sporting World.

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Oops. No idea what happened there. Sorry :(

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
He's the best there's ever been that I've seen myself

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Oops. No idea what happened there. Sorry :(
Ok, just getting your point across mate.=)) Only point I raise is Hamilton hasn't won 2 of his title through ramming his rivals off the track, only one in the case of Senna.

Tony.

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Ok, just getting your point across mate.=)) Only point I raise is Hamilton hasn't won 2 of his title through ramming his rivals off the track, only one in the case of Senna.

Tony.
This is true Tony. Schueý did take F1 to another level though.

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Zedless!
Agree @t-tony, there was no doubt that Schuy deliberately took Damon Hill out in order to win. Hamilton has come through from a humble background whereas most F1 drivers come from money or family etc. He has always got the most from whatever car and certainly hasn't always had the best car this year.Super talent, let's not forget his first season beating one of the best, Alonso, in the same car!

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Schuey also did his best to take out Villeneuve too.

Tony.

MalcQV

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
I'm not convinced he finished this season in the best car in all fairness, he has out driven the others without any doubt. 2021 will be his biggest test as they're all going to be in uncharted territory. Should be interesting.
Nice to see Vettel make an appearance in the pre presentation room to offer congratulations, class!

Tony.
The Merc was the best and most consistent car. However I think he would have done well in either a Ferrari or Red Bull too. There is no doubt he is good.
Personally I am hoping for a change next year. F1 is very predictable (has been for a while I know). Any team/any driver but LH next year please.
Being Ferrari's number one fan I revel in my 360 inside my warm dry garage whilst my hack of a Merc is out in the rain, soon salt cackle cackle :D
The Z3 is under a car port at my mum's too. Suffer Mercedes you B....... :p

Attachments

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Yeh I think Hamilton has totally outshone Schumacher already IMHO and did so a few years ago. The circumstances of all bar his Benetton championships were suspect and full of rumours of tyres no one else on the grid had (confirmed after he retired)and dodgy electronics plus appalling team orders, without going into his unsportsmanlike like driving. Not really a fan in case you wondered.

Quote from Gary Anderson, BBC's F1 technical analyst

It was also interesting to hear Mercedes' Michael Schumacher complain about the Pirelli tyres. He is a professional racing driver, and it's all about looking after your tyres. You do that by getting the right balance on the car. When I was involved with Bridgestone tyres with Jordan in the early 2000s, in the middle of the tyre war with Michelin, Schumacher and Ferrari had tyres we were not even allowed to look at. They cost so much money that Bridgestone could not afford to supply them to everyone. And whenever we did have an opportunity to run a derivative of those tyres, our lap times were much, much better. It's a bit sad that Michael now sees things the other way around, because a lot of his competitiveness in those days was down to the working relationship he and Ferrari had with Bridgestone, one to which nobody else had access.

Hmmmmm

Last edited:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Me neither Hi all. After seeing and reading such cheap it's no wonder look upon what happened this weekend's "news" when lo and behold Ferrari had lost their recent stunning pace. Fair enough all teams try it on, pushing the boundaries but no team gets away with as much as they do. And still they have "veto" on any/all rule changes. Tail wagging the Dog comes to mind.

Tony.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
So good he said it twice :D

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Cant stand the bloke but he is a hell of a driver so fair play to him.

Ian&Sue

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 Z3
Hamilton is by far the best IMHI and rarely makes contact with other cars.
Ian

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Zedless!
He's the best and I hope he goes on to beat Schumacher's record. There are some new talents, Verstapen and Leclerc for example,but they are not yet the complete package. The new regulations might hopefully make for better racing with more overtaking opportunities, but they don't come in until 2021 I think.

MalcQV

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Me neither Hi all. After seeing and reading such cheap it's no wonder look upon what happened this weekend's "news" when lo and behold Ferrari had lost their recent stunning pace. Fair enough all teams try it on, pushing the boundaries but no team gets away with as much as they do. And still they have "veto" on any/all rule changes. Tail wagging the Dog comes to mind.

Tony.
That is nothing to do with the FIA or cheating. It is purely RB guessing. In essence Ferrari have worked the aero to give them a better balance through the twisty bits. Look at the stats for those sectors. Obviously this has had an effect on the straight line performance.

No cheating. In fact Mattia Binotto reminded Christian Horner to mind his mouth and that of Verstappen's else they might end up in court. I believe they complied.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Ok, so you're a Ferrari fan mate and we all have different views. Time will tell. Oh and I'm no fan of Red Bull, that team is one of the worst.:)

Tony.