Latest Top Gear

GazHyde

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
Joined
Dec 2, 2011
Messages
15,695
Location
Newbury, Berkshire
Model of Z
Z4 M Roadster
Thought it had gone quiet on here, were you all watching Top Gear on Beeb 2?

As I just got my Z4, I shall hold off ordering the Aventador for a couple of months :ymdevil:

What a car, easy choice of the three for me! Amazing effort to cook the ceramic brakes Jezza :coolsteer)
 
B

badman gee

Guest
GazHyde said:
Thought it had gone quiet on here, were you all watching Top Gear on Beeb 2?

As I just got my Z4, I shall hold off ordering the Aventador for a couple of months :ymdevil:

What a car, easy choice of the three for me! Amazing effort to cook the ceramic brakes Jezza :coolsteer)
rather have the nissan gtr and save 180000 pounds. its faster too for every day use :D
 

r37

Dedicated Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
293
noble every time, nothing at all to help you drive just your own skill. Plus it was the only one with a proper manual gearbox.
 

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Joined
Dec 4, 2011
Messages
2,653
Location
Bacup
Model of Z
M
bloody missed it :((
 

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Joined
Dec 4, 2011
Messages
2,653
Location
Bacup
Model of Z
M
smart how long does it take to get on there?
 

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Joined
Jan 1, 2012
Messages
816
Location
Bideford, Devon
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
swamper said:
smart how long does it take to get on there?
It is up there already I just checked!

Enjoy :))

Duncan
 

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Joined
Dec 2, 2011
Messages
1,402
Location
Cuiaba
Model of Z
M Roadster
I started the download already :D
 

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
22,013
Location
Netherlands
Bugger, missed it and BBC iplayer is not available to me over here. X(
 

Jamezee

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
1,028
Location
Peak District
Model of Z
2.2 sport
lambo for me please :)
 

Tricky

Regular Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
74
Location
Derby
Model of Z
Z1, Z4C
I thought it was a good start to the new series, which I was a little apprehensive about after the diabolical xmas special. Out of the 3 cars they tested, I'd have the Lambo too! :coolsteer) Must have been an amazing experience, and quite spooky, to drive around Imola. Every time I see that track it reminds me of Senna.
 

GazHyde

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
Joined
Dec 2, 2011
Messages
15,695
Location
Newbury, Berkshire
Model of Z
Z4 M Roadster
Tricky said:
Every time I see that track it reminds me of Senna.
Oddly Imola always makes me think of Roland Ratzenberger who died the day before Senna on the same track. His death is always overshadowed by Senna...

I understand why it's that way, but F1 lost two drivers that weekend (and almost lost a rather young chap called Barichello too)
 

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Joined
Dec 4, 2011
Messages
2,653
Location
Bacup
Model of Z
M
GazHyde said:
Tricky said:
Every time I see that track it reminds me of Senna.
Oddly Imola always makes me think of Roland Ratzenberger who died the day before Senna on the same track. His death is always overshadowed by Senna...

I understand why it's that way, but F1 lost two drivers that weekend (and almost lost a rather young chap called Barichello too)

im with you on that...that weekend will stick with me forever :(
 

Big Slippy

Regular Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2012
Messages
65
Location
Lanark, Scotland
Model of Z
Z3M roadster
A fairly nasty startline shunt too, with a wheel reaching the spectators.
1st May '94 will stay with me forever.

BS
 

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
22,013
Location
Netherlands
Yes, will never forget that weekend, agree with Gaz about Roland Ratzenberger.
BBC coverage was as it should have been, considering Senna had obviously had a very bad accident.
Dutch TV , on the other hand, showed views of Senna and his car from a helicopter tv camera crew.

This photo of his nephew, spitting image or what......
 

Attachments

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Joined
Dec 2, 2011
Messages
1,402
Location
Cuiaba
Model of Z
M Roadster
You see tears in the eyes of those watching the senna movie here.

as for the cars, it's got to be the fire breathing lambo. The shot from above on the track with the blue flame out of the back was quite spectacular i thought :D
 

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Joined
Jan 1, 2012
Messages
816
Location
Bideford, Devon
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
just across the road from my place in stockport (well in the town centre actually a bit of poetic licence taken) is the only lambo sales room I have been in. For goodness sake in Stockport! what does that say for the demographic of Stockport!

They do have some nice cars but I am tempted by the Mclaren I am afraid. I just like the attention to detail and that they appear to be doing what Triumph did for bikes a few years ago.

Bey hey ho not for me I shall never win the lottery (I don't waste my money on it so can't win, I have saved thousands over the years) =))
 

Warrior

Dedicated Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
151
Model of Z
3.0i sports automatic
Always enjoy Top Gear but I think some of the humour is getting a bit stale and not as off the cuff as before... Clarkson was always the king of the obtuse comparison but it seems that May and the Hamster have been given free range to chip in as well. A bit of overkill perhaps?

It would have to be the Lamborghini for me as well. From the Countach on i've pretty much liked everything they've produced.
 

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Joined
Dec 2, 2011
Messages
1,402
Location
Cuiaba
Model of Z
M Roadster
I was amused at the work license required on Sunday. I think even for the camera crew, going through those tunnels with those cars couldn't have been a bad day at work :)

Must also remember to take the tram route :D
 

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Joined
Dec 4, 2011
Messages
2,653
Location
Bacup
Model of Z
M
La_vida_diver said:
just across the road from my place in stockport (well in the town centre actually a bit of poetic licence taken) is the only lambo sales room I have been in. For goodness sake in Stockport! what does that say for the demographic of Stockport!

They do have some nice cars but I am tempted by the Mclaren
were loaded in stockport :))

the Mclaren show room is in Nutsford ;)
 
Top