Largest living organism on the planet earth...

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
This is the General Sherman Tree. The General Sherman Tree in Sequoia National Park, California is estimated to be between 2,200 and 2,700 years old. The giant sequoia (Sequoiadendron giganteum) is the largest living tree in the world by volume, and one of the tallest, widest, and longest-lived trees on the planet. It's 275 feet tall, has a circumference of 102.6 feet at its base, and an estimated weight of 6,167 tons. One of its branches is almost 7 feet in diameter, which is larger than most trees east of the Mississippi River. The largest living animal is the Blue Sperm Whale. Ten of these can fit inside this tree. I remember being told that the bark of the tree is 3 feet thick. When I bought my Z3 and went to California with @miller1098 to pick it up, I wanted very much to go with Hugh to where these trees were so he could see them. It's something you must see to believe. He was pressed for time and we couldn't go.
1724430428132.png

OhioZ4

Zorg Legend
American Zeds
Model of Z
E85 2.5i Sport
I always thought the largest living thing was Armillaria Ostoyea , honey fungus. One covera 2200 acres and is estimated to be 2400 years old. Im sure all those scientists have their own opinion as to which one should be counted but Ill go with General Sherman.

Pond

Zorg Guru (II)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 project and E89 Z4
I am sure I saw the largest living organism in my local Morrissons today. How those mobility scooters cope with the sheer weight is a feat of engineering.
She was so fat I felt myself being drawn towards her, as she had her own gravity.

Pond

Zorg Guru (II)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 project and E89 Z4
I always thought the largest living thing was Armillaria Ostoyea , honey fungus. One covera 2200 acres and is estimated to be 2400 years old. Im sure all those scientists have their own opinion as to which one should be counted but Ill go with General Sherman.
Whatever it is, I'll put money on it being in the 'good ole US of A'. Probably Texas! ;)

Brian James

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
1.9 M43 B19
Frankie - many thanks for posting this as it brings back wonderful memories of the lovely day we had as a family when we visited the Sequoia National Park many years ago. The trees were simply amazing and one of the most unforgettable natural sights I have been blessed with viewing in my lifetime.
Many Thanks :thankyou::scorecard: