Juddering Z3 at 1800 rpm

Hi guys. My Z3 1997 1.9 has started juddering aggressively in every gear when she reaches 1800 rpm and above. Have changed the plugs and leads. Have run diagnostics and she is throwing up codes 6F, D3 and D2. I looked them up but couldn't find anything to cause this problem. The problem started straight after the slave cylinder was replaced. We did have two slave cylinders incorrectly installed before the third one was finally fitted correctly. The failed ones popped and might have leaked break fluid out through the bottom of the bell housing. Please can anyone shed any light on what this might be? 🤞🙏. Any advice would be massively appreciated. Thank you so much. Very Best Wishes Juliette 😊

Ianmc

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 (M44)
If its a mechanical judder, could fluid have contaminated the clutch. I'm no mechanic, others will likely be along who know better. :thumbsup:

Thank you Ian. I am wondering about this too. It's so coincidental that it happened straight before the problem started. 😢

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
When you say the slave cylinders "popped" do you mean that they came apart inside the bell housing? If they did there is no question that brake/clutch fluid was released inside the bell housing. But, that in itself wouldn't be enough to make the car judder straight away.
We're all the parts of the popped cylinders recovered?

Tony.

Thank you Tony. The first two slave cylinders had a floppy rubber bit to connect to so I think the alignment wasn't a perfect match. The third was rigid so it connected up perfectly. I think all the parts were recovered but the liquid did burst out.