Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Impossible Road Trip or What

Discussion in 'Practice Area' started by TaffZee, Jan 13, 2012.

1. TaffZee

TaffZee Zorg Guru (V)
    Supporter British Zeds

Model of Z:
    Z4 3.0 SE
  2. billz

billz Zorg Expert (I)
    Supporter British Zeds

Model of Z:
    Z4 3.0si
    Thats more or less how we are doing it but the other way round :coolsteer) :coolsteer)
    bill

3. Snoops

Snoops Zorg Addict

Model of Z:
    How long is your trip Bill?? 4,000 miles is a lot of driving and even though I love driving, when we did our 2,500 Europe in 2 weeks I wished we had allowed 3 weeks to allow us to do it at a more leisurely pace and take in the places we visited.

The 2nd Europe trip was 2,000 with longer stops and that was nice, we felt like we'd had a rest as well.

Next one, which we'll do this or next year (hopefully) will be 3 weeks and be Belgium,Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Netherlands. :coolsteer)

4. billz

billz Zorg Expert (I)
    Supporter British Zeds

Model of Z:
    Z4 3.0si
    Snoops Our trip will = to 3690 miles.We drive down to Berck France, Tours France, Pau France then a 10hr drive to Javea Spain. Spend 7 days in a villa and return via Girona Spain, Orange France, Como France going through the Stelviopasse and Julierpasse staying around Chur then through the Sustenpasse to Colmar France then back to Berck before setting off home via the Dunkirk Ferry. We are also considering that we may stay in Italy around one of the Lakes for 3 days and go out on day trips through the Passes before heading back through Colmar to Berck. Happy :coolsteer) :coolsteer) :coolsteer) :coolsteer) :-bd
    bill