Imola Red Z3 M Roadster FOR SALE.

K

Kris

Hi all!

I am new to this site but I have come on here to spread the word that I am selling....

I realize that people here will already have a Z, but they might know someone who has not, but would like to get one; someone who wants to upgrade to an M, someone who has always wanted a red one as opposed to the colour they have; or, someone who simply wants to add to their 'stable'!
Personally, this was the only colour I was interested in....

And before I get swamped with advice on how it's too expensive, I know that is how most people feel. However, I am hoping to find a person with the same taste as myself, who would be prepared to pay a little extra for just what they want. I have just added *(Offers invited)* to the ad!

It's on Pistonheads, Octane, and Car and Classic.
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3491909.htm

Thanks for any help,
Kris.

Attachments

si-forks

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Great looking ///M but £11.500 wow!! that's S54 money,anyway good luck with the sale

Si-forks on tapatalk

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Indeed a lovely looking car. :-bd

Prices are always a contentious issue, and probably even more on an enthusiast site.

Good luck with the sale. Perhaps the blue skies outside today will help :-\

K

Kris

Oh, by the way, that should be 'Classic Cars'.

Just while I'm on here....Excuse my ignorance on this, but could someone educate me---why is the S54 more valuable? Is it a better performance engine?

Kris.

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
They are a lot more expensive because there was a lot less made so it makes them rare.
bill

B

badman gee

people buy these cars on condition there is no real text book valuation.

id rather a mint s50 over a shabby s54.

:)

K

Kris

That's what I don't really understand though with this whole game!

I believed that rarity was a major factor in the pricing of anything; and, although the colour of my car is far rarer than the common or garden Estoril blue, for instance, most people seem staggered by the fact that I am asking more money bearing in mind its rarity element.

The other thing is that I paid £14,250 for this car; the only difference is that I have now added 18,000 miles. Is £3,000 not a fair discount for this meagre amount of miles? Obviously not!
I have been very naive on this matter---I thought the car would hold its value, if not, still be worth VERY close to what I paid for it!
Kris.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Pricing and selling cars is always a nightmare. You may not be helped at the moment by the amount of mint condition ///M's that have sold for around £8k recently. At least 2 have been purchased for around that price by members on here.

Personally I love Imola, but would I pay a 3-4k premium over an Estoril or Silver on in similar condition/mileage? Most likely not.

But you never know. If it was green there is someone on here who would bite your arm off at the elbow...

K

Kris

Well it's interesting you say that about the person looking for a green one, cos I was just the same when I was looking for a red one. And, as I've put in my ad, I would pay £14,000 again for it NOW, with its current mileage; and, I have still yet to see the exact same colour as my car, outside and IN----although I wondered if that is one in the background of a pic you have on this site---but I can't see enough of it.
Kris.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
What you must realise is that you chose to go to munich legends and pay top money for the M, whereas most people on here have bought great cars privately for far less money. So as a private seller you may not get what you want, oh and Estoril Blue is the popular colour not common or garden [-x

DangerousDave

Dedicated Member
The price is always a supply and demand thing.

Look at the prices on Pistonheads, AutoTrader, etc for PRIVATE sales (i.e. sold as seen) and ask yourself what price would you pay.

You paid for a TRADE purchase which has "sale of goods act" cover and you may have also had a trade-in. You should also bear in mind that you don't have the dealer's overheads to pay for. I would expect to have to pay upto £2,000 for the privelege of buying from a dealer. So, you could knock that off the most expensive dealer price you can find. You could even subtly mention that in your advert.

You do have the advantage of being able to put a REDUCED label on your advert - that may pull in the punters. Good luck with the sale.

K

Kris

I know Jontt's car, but it has one of those 2-tone interiors, so that's not the same.

Boysie

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster S50
Go back to Munich legends and do a private sale
My brother sold his Z4 that way
I believe they will want about £1000 from the sale,
and you have national coverage then

K

Kris

My initial intention was to re-sell it through Munich Legends and I was first told that it would be around £1000 for them doing this; but, I was then told that it would actually be double that, which is why I am trying to sell it privately.

Kris.

Boysie

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster S50
Thats a bit greedy
I thought since new management, they were better
Times must be hard :(

B

badman gee

I think they are overpriced,

there are better private cars out there, for a lot less money.

i know, i have one.

:)