Ian's resignation as Z register chair !!!

Nutty_Hazel

Zorg Addict
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.0 Ltr. Individual
I was so sorry to have read about Ian Conuel's resignation in the Straight Six magazine in the December issue. He is one of the most genuinely, nicest of people i have had the pleasure in meeting in many many years. He has alway been so helpful, polite and caring guy along with Chris his son. They have been such an inspiration to our forum and others.
I can't thank him enough for all the help he has given me, and all the advice whenever we have met at numerous events since become a member of Zorg.
Personally I will miss him dreadfully and I wish him all the best in what ever he decides to do in the coming future.

Regards
Nutty_Hazel-Filbert

Jamezee

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 sport, Z4 Coupe 3.0Si, E38 728i Oxford green and beige interior
I didn't know, i forgot to renew my subscription! lovely guy
Is he ok?
Why has he resigned?

Nutty_Hazel

Zorg Addict
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.0 Ltr. Individual
To Quote from Straight Six December

"Primarily it's due to me selling my Z3 Roadster and although I have an M Coupe, I feel that the Z register chair should really be a Roadster owner to fully expound the virtues of the marque. I'm also an advocate for change and think that a new incumbent could inject some fresh ideas into our register given that I've had a couple of years in the role"

Saddened
Nutty_Hazel-Filbert

Jamezee

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 sport, Z4 Coupe 3.0Si, E38 728i Oxford green and beige interior
That was a good buy for someone, nice shiny redzed.
I know he tried a few new ideas over the last couple of years. Good effort Ian you took the post and gave it a go, hats off mate

Ian_C

Formerly Myredzed
Thanks for the kind words, I haven't gone anywhere just yet. I do intend to let someone else have a go at chair though. I haven't fallen out with anyone or the club just finding it increasingly difficult to give the role my full attention. Coupled with a change to the ///m coupe I felt it was time to step aside having had a few years in the role. No doubt I'll be promoting coupes in a few months so I don't intend to leave the zed scene entirely.

Btw, the red zed hasn't been put up for sale yet either. I'll put an ad together over Christmas and get it sold in the new year. If you know anyone who's after a 60k mile zed that's been cherished then do point them in my direction - I won't be asking stupid money and will offer it with or without the ACS wheels and Raid airbag steering wheel.