I THINK I NEED HELP

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
See you there Frankie
There's a real possibility. But........... I can fly out of Philly, but to where? Is London too far away from Silverstone? The way it looks now, I might be able to leave after work either on Monday or Tuesday. I wanted to see a few things like that museum with all the vintage planes. Then where else to go. You guys know all the places of interest. Then, should I rent a car? If I do, at least all the forum members will have advance warning to get your wives and kids off the streets. What about Silverstone? If you're a car club member, then you can get a pass to the fields where we all park the cars. But I'm not coming with a BMW. Or maybe I can rent one, as long as I'm getting a car. Would it be better, and safer for all of you, if I get a rail pass? Do these cover local transportation? If I fly into London, and I want to leave after the show either Sunday night of Monday morning, I really don't want to travel several hundred miles to get back to London, or is it really that far? I just don't know the country. I think I really need everyone's help and advise. Frankie

Z

zedonist

Frankie, driving in the uk, you are only 150 miles at most from anywhere, unless going to Scotland, silver stone is probably 1 hour 30 minutes from London by car

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
badman gee said:
See you there Frankie
There's a real possibility. But........... I can fly out of Philly, but to where? Is London too far away from Silverstone? The way it looks now, I might be able to leave after work either on Monday or Tuesday. I wanted to see a few things like that museum with all the vintage planes. Then where else to go. You guys know all the places of interest. Then, should I rent a car? If I do, at least all the forum members will have advance warning to get your wives and kids off the streets. What about Silverstone? If you're a car club member, then you can get a pass to the fields where we all park the cars. But I'm not coming with a BMW. Or maybe I can rent one, as long as I'm getting a car. Would it be better, and safer for all of you, if I get a rail pass? Do these cover local transportation? If I fly into London, and I want to leave after the show either Sunday night or Monday morning, I really don't want to travel several hundred miles to get back to London, or is it really that far? I just don't know the country. I think I really need everyone's help and advise. Frankie

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Just had a quick look and Heathrow for example is 75ish miles from Silverstone. Luton airport is about 50 miles (not sure if that's useful or not).

I honestly have no idea about public transport. Haven't used it for at least 20 years, but I'm guessing there would be either bus or train connections from any airport to somewhere closer! I'm betting a rental car would be best of you want to spend a few days and visit the area properly.

The Silverstone Classic is a general event of which the BMW element is relatively small against the whole weekend. There will be a lot of different makes of car there on display too (including classics). You can come in anything with wheels and park up in the general car parks. You then have complete freedom of the event, to mingle, watch the live racing etc!

Brian4

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3 3.0i Auto
The air museum is Duxford appox 60 miles 1.5hrs from London and Duxford to Silverstone is 76 miles 1.5 hours as well.
You could stop at the Holiday inn for the whole time and then fairly central for both.

The discount codes for infield passes at Silverstone are for BMW's only and you have to put the registration number of the car in when you book as it is printed on the pass so would be difficult with a hire car and booking a BMW can get very expensive.

The ticket prices for Silverstone are £110 per person for the 3 day pass. http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/Content/Tickets

We would love to see you and travelling in the UK is ok, if we can drive in the States you can drive over here. The roads are generally busier here but just take it steady and all will be fine.

Type in (Duxford Airfield, Cambridgeshire), (Silverstone Towcester), (London Heathrow) into Google maps and you will be able to get the directions up and see how far it is.

If you could get flights to East Midlands Airport or Birmingham Airport (BHX) you would be nearer but not sure if you can get schedule flights into these airports.

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
The air museum is Duxford appox 60 miles 1.5hrs from London and Duxford to Silverstone is 76 miles 1.5 hours as well.
You could stop at the Holiday inn for the whole time and then fairly central for both.

The discount codes for infield passes at Silverstone are for BMW's only and you have to put the registration number of the car in when you book as it is printed on the pass so would be difficult with a hire car and booking a BMW can get very expensive.

The ticket prices for Silverstone are £110 per person for the 3 day pass. http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/Content/Tickets

We would love to see you and travelling in the UK is ok, if we can drive in the States you can drive over here. The roads are generally busier here but just take it steady and all will be fine.

Type in (Duxford Airfield, Cambridgeshire), (Silverstone Towcester), (London Heathrow) into Google maps and you will be able to get the directions up and see how far it is.

If you could get flights to East Midlands Airport or Birmingham Airport (BHX) you would be nearer but not sure if you can get schedule flights into these airports.
Just the type of info I needed. Thanks, Frankie

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3

If I don't get killed in the first five minutes, I should be OK.`

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
One way would be to book in for a couple of nights at the same hotel as everyone else and join in the fun. I am sure someone will have a spare seat for you to ride in with them. I haven't decided if I am going this year or not but the last couple of years due to how the club sells the tickets I have had a spare ticket each time so if I do decide to go then you are more than welcome to join me me in my zed. Would your wife be joining you as I am sure we could find a way for both of you to join us.

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
One way would be to book in for a couple of nights at the same hotel as everyone else and join in the fun. I am sure someone will have a spare seat for you to ride in with them. I haven't decided if I am going this year or not but the last couple of years due to how the club sells the tickets I have had a spare ticket each time so if I do decide to go then you are more than welcome to join me me in my zed. Would your wife be joining you as I am sure we could find a way for both of you to join us.
My wife isn't coming as she is going back to the Philippines for three weeks in April and May and can't take any more time off from work. I looked briefly into the Holliday Inn and might book a room there for Friday and Saturday and possibly for earlier nights so as to use that as a base. I would like to see some other members while there and depending if I do and where I have to go to meet them, I might not want to tie myself down to staying at a location too far away from them. I would hope to stop and see Miller as I have spoken to him many times but I have to ask him about it, maybe dinner out one night. Same with Rev. I was hoping to see Hard Top but he is far away. We'll see what happens. I'll probably see most of you at Silverstone if not elsewhere. Frankie

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Well it would be good to see you there Frankie. Iam 99 percent certain I am going so the offer is there as the ticket price includes a second person foc which would otherwise be wasted.

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Ok guys seriously looking into this now, when I click the link Swamper posted for the hotel it is coming up with £70 per night is that the correct rate just so I am sure I am getting it right.

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
You might also be able to fly into Stanstead in East Anglia, Frankie, as the Aircraft Museum at Duxford is only just about 20 miles North on the same motorway, the M11, which is the main highway into London. You can spend a couple of days there in Cambridge as it is very close to Duxford, only 5 miles away. Then you can motor on 45 miles on the A14 motorway to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Northampton, ready for Silverstone on July 25th, 26th & 27th.
Would be good to meet up with you.:cool:
Mike & Sandy

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
You might also be able to fly into Stanstead in East Anglia, Frankie, as the Aircraft Museum at Duxford is only just about 20 miles North on the same motorway, the M11, which is the main highway into London. You can spend a couple of days there in Cambridge as it is very close to Duxford, only 5 miles away. Then you can motor on 45 miles on the A14 motorway to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Northampton, ready for Silverstone on July 25th, 26th & 27th.
Mike & Sandy

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
Well it would be good to see you there Frankie. Iam 99 percent certain I am going so the offer is there as the ticket price includes a second person foc which would otherwise be wasted.
Help me out here. I'm confused. First, thanks for the offer to join you in your zed if you attend. That's very kind of you. Now, are you saying the ticket you might have as an extra is for two people? Would it be better for me to purchase one directly online? As you are used to this and are familiar with everything, its very clear to you. I'm not sure what you're saying. I'll follow your recommendations, but I not clear what you're saying. Frankie

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
Mike & Sandy
Let me see what airline arrangements are available to me. Also, I haven't said anything about this to my wife yet. (We're going out to dinner tonight. I'll happen to mention it during the conversation.)

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Hi Frankie,

I am currently looking at booking the Friday and Saturday for silverstone and as part of the club package I would get a passenger ticket thrown in if I purchased a ticket for myself on both days. Also included is a pass into the centre of the circuit allowing me to park up on the BMW club site. It is upto you whether it would suite your arrangements but it would obviously give you an option to join us all without the hassle and expense of sorting out your own ticket and you get the chance to have a ride in an ///M. :ymdevil:

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
Hi Frankie,

I am currently looking at booking the Friday and Saturday for silverstone and as part of the club package I would get a passenger ticket thrown in if I purchased a ticket for myself on both days. Also included is a pass into the centre of the circuit allowing me to park up on the BMW club site. It is upto you whether it would suite your arrangements but it would obviously give you an option to join us all without the hassle and expense of sorting out your own ticket and you get the chance to have a ride in an ///M. :ymdevil:
and you get the chance to have a ride in an ///M. :ymdevil:
AcemanThat alone is all that needed to be said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm your man. Count me in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!