i really don't get ebay buyers

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
if its on a bid then why do people start bidding as soon as the auction starts..?
as a buyer then surely its in your interest to get the item at the lowest price...early bids are just going to push the price up...or am i missing somthing ?

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Yup, it's bloody frustrating as a buyer, but great as a seller! I haven't bid on anything on eBay for a while due to idiotic bidders thinking they will win on the opening day.

A lot of people don't actually know the true value of what they are actually bidding on.

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Is M Power a new group, Gazza, if so why isn't Swamps in it?

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
B

badman gee

Back to eBay

I only use it for buying goods, but I don't use the bidding process.

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
Early bidders get priority when two bids are the same later on in the auction I believe. It is getting harder to get some stuff these days due to sniping software.

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
ebay is totally getting on my t**ts....the sellers are just as bad...i bought a drill...got it for £1.20 and he has refused accept my money and send me the drill....so i need to open a case now...

Daz3

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
eBay was good when it first started up but you just don't get bargains on there anymore. The amount of times I've seen people over bid on secondhand things which they could have bought cheaper new! It's a bit frustrating really.

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
I bought 2x 225/40/18 Conti Contact Sport tyres with 7mm tread no punctures or repairs, thought they were a real bargain at £63 the pair. Have been in dispute for the last 2 weeks as the seller says the delivery company has lost them. I keep refusing to have my money back and have told him to send me the 2 he now has up for sale with the same tread. Funny heeh

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
I've said on this forum before that I had to sell my present car before I could start using my Z. Had my Honda up for sale. the winning bidder never contacted me, and never paid. Makes me crazy. Now I have to start all over again. and all this 'put the top down' weather going to waste.

Boysie

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster S50
I don't think you can even use eBay as a compare price now
Also people put stuff on to sell, then they don't like it when it sells for 50p ?
Start off with your lowest price you would accept
I always say to people, put in your realistic or must have price, you want to pay, near the
end of the bidding war and walk away, if you get a bargain lucky you
I often see second-hand stuff go for higher than a new one "amazing"
I also know people who have friends to put bids in to raise the bidding on their sale, very unfair
Alas eBay has had its day

I use eBay on buy it now only products, I cant do this bidding malarkey anymore

I'll say this very quietly
But I'm not a M Power either ?

Last edited:

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
Several years ago I was looking at restaurant ranges on e-bay. I had worked at my uncle's pizza shop when I was young. I liked the range there because of the large burners for cooking with large pots. We also had a large griddle used for pancakes, eggs, hamburgers and cheesesteaks. I really enjoyed using this griddle when I was cooking. I thought how nice it would be to have one at home. So, for the hell of it, I started looking on e-bay. New restaurant ranges with combination griddle and burners cost about $5.000.00. I figured a good used one would be about $1800.00 minimum. There were very few for sale but there was a nice one with a starting bid of 200.00. That was the opening bid and I submitted it. I knew the auction would end while I was at work so when I got home, I looked to see what it finally sold for. To my surprise, mine was the only bid. I couldn't believe my good fortune. Have you ever heard the saying "be careful what you wish for because you might get it."? The item was 50 miles north of Chicago. That's about 750 miles away as the crow flies. More if you're driving. So I spent an entire day driving out there and back non-stop. The range was in decent condition. It was a top name brand, good quality. I spent 2 days cleaning it. I didn't realize, or had forgotten that restaurant ranges are not insulated the way household ones are so I had to keep it clear of other cabinets, dishwasher and fridge. I also forgot that at the restaurant, the first thing we did in the morning was to light the griddle because it takes at least a half hour to get hot. As a result, I almost never used it. I used the 2 big burners often but did not like the way the kitchen heated up in the summer when using it. So, a few years later, I sold it. Ever since, I've been careful not to talk myself in to buying something I really didn't need.